·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
381 Posts

·
Registered
'13 GT500 - Red Candy Metallic w/ White Stripes
232 Posts
I prefer a dead body in my trunk for proper weight distribution... but it looks like you have added even more weight than that! ;)

Just kidding...this is fantastic looking. I've read many people's posts on the forum talking about how the factory stereo is great and some such nonsense. There's absolutely NO comparison between a factory stereo and a well designed/installed aftermarket one. Those people probably also think that the sound directly from the back of their TV is AWESOME! 🤣

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 Handling Pack/Race Red/Custom Stripes
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s awesome! I’m getting everything together for an audio build myself (including JL VX amp too) but I don’t have the requisite skills (or tools) for what you’ve done here. Well done!
Thank you definitely something I could not of tackled myself😂 yep is 2x VXi 800/8 and a VXi 1000/1

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I prefer a dead body in my trunk for proper weight distribution... but it looks like you have added even more weight than that! ;)

Just kidding...this is fantastic looking. I've read many people's posts on the forum talking about how the factory stereo is great and some such nonsense. There's absolutely NO comparison between a factory stereo and a well designed/installed aftermarket one. Those people probably also think that the sound directly from the back of their TV is AWESOME! 🤣
Oh yea this is a whole Nother world. It has three-way active hertz legends in the front and two-way component hertz legends in the rear

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
399 Posts

I agree. My Shelby stereo is weak. I just got a Ford F150 Limited with a Bang & Olefusen. It is disappointing too. The 13' F150 I traded in had a better stereo.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,367 Posts
I agree. My Shelby stereo is weak. I just got a Ford F150 Limited with a Bang & Olefusen. It is disappointing too. The 13' F150 I traded in had a better stereo.
The Shaker 500 in my 2011 is pretty weak, but the upgraded stereo (tech package) in my CFTP rocks! 🤟

Reactions: msirach

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
381 Posts
Thank you definitely something I could not of tackled myself😂 yep is 2x VXi 800/8 and a VXi 1000/1
Well you got me thinking. I’m only running a stealthbox and JL C5 components so I’m gonna do a VX700/5 and VX400/4. I’m gonna look for someone who can do custom fab for the amp rack cause I’m digging what you did.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well you got me thinking. I’m only running a stealthbox and JL C5 components so I’m gonna do a VX700/5 and VX400/4. I’m gonna look for someone who can do custom fab for the amp rack cause I’m digging what you did.

If your on the west coast let me know and I'll send you the shop info that did mine (y)

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
381 Posts
If your on the west coast let me know and I'll send you the shop info that did mine (y)
Appreciate it but I’m in Florida. It’s all good, I’ll figure something out.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
748 Posts
The Shaker 500 in my 2011 is pretty weak, but the upgraded stereo (tech package) in my CFTP rocks! 🤟
I'm happy with the Shaker1000 in mine. It was cranking Maiden over the weekend and the person behind me heard and felt it.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
381 Posts
That looks so freaking awesome! How would one go about doing this, say in blue? :)
Buy a router, some MDF, some acrylic, and watch a lot of how-to videos! 🤣
If you want to know what all is involved check out Car Audio Fabrication on YouTube. Mark has been doing custom audio for a long time and he has some awesome videos on custom audio installs.

Reactions: CollectedDust
1 - 17 of 17 Posts