Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys. I'm back from the dyno shop. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, so I've got no pictures. Sorry.

Mods:
1. Bassani Axle-backs
2. JLT CAI
3. Stage 1 SCT tune - Evolution Performance

Results:
485 rwhp
465 ft-lbs torque.

Run Conditions:
Miles: 750
Fuel: 91 Octane
Boost: 6 lbs
Temp: 86.5 degrees F
Humidity: 5%
Altitude: ~6,000 ft.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Prez, that smile on you face seems to be getting brighter.:D Those are some great numbers for just a CAI and tune. Now for more mods.;) LCA and UCA are a must when you start to experience that devilish wheel hop. See you soon.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prez, that smile on you face seems to be getting brighter.:D Those are some great numbers for just a CAI and tune. Now for more mods.;) LCA and UCA are a must when you start to experience that devilish wheel hop. See you soon.
LCAs are definitely on the list. All my teeth are starting to loosen because of the wheel hop. And I think my wife is starting to crack on the pulley issue. Instead of a flat out "No" she's starting to just whine a little. That's a good sign. :D

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Now that I look at the whole picture, that's great!
CO air (6000'), only 750 miles and almost 90 drgrees out 485 is killer!!

Give Fred a call to see about cleaning up that A/F and you'll be even close to the 500 mark.
Congrats.
Jay

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that I look at the whole picture, that's great!
CO air (6000'), only 750 miles and almost 90 drgrees out 485 is killer!!

Give Fred a call to see about cleaning up that A/F and you'll be even close to the 500 mark.
Congrats.
Jay
Thanks, Jay.

I called Fred. He gave me a couple of things to check, but he mainly feels the A/F measurement is inaccurate. The shop I took it to used a sensor that was just pushed up the tailpipe. Fred says that is very inaccurate, and I should have them weld a bung on in front of the driver's side cat.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a couple of pics of the new CAI.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
It looks great Prez.:D

I'll be getting the intake and tune also for the coupe.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OOohh a very rare blue one.
Looks great.

Jay
Thanks, Jay. I was very lucky to be in the right place at the right time. A fellow Shelby owner was selling it after a drunk driver totaled his Vista Blue Shelby. (He wasn't hurt and did get a new Shelby, so it worked out OK).

I was a little disappointed when I first unpacked it from the box because it didn't look very blue at all. Once I got it installed and next to the blue paint, the blue color popped out. Very cool! :D

BTW...Jay, do you sell blue filters by chance? That would look great with the blue CF.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of the new CAI.
I didn't know they were available in different colors. Are there any other colors like maybe WHITE (the fastest).:D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't know they were available in different colors. Are there any other colors like maybe WHITE (the fastest).:D
JLT offered a blue CAI for a very short time. They ran into problems getting the blue carbon fiber, so now they only sell the black intake.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
JLT offered a blue CAI for a very short time. They ran into problems getting the blue carbon fiber, so now they only sell the black intake.

You get everything,how do you do it?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Just lucky, I guess. Right place at the right time. :D
That was a stroke of luck. It does look sharp:D At first, I thought it was a reflection from the paint.

·
Registered
933 Posts
rpretzel,

Nice colour on the CAI and most importantly, nice numbers to back up that shade of blue.

Take care.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
That was a stroke of luck. It does look sharp:D At first, I thought it was a reflection from the paint.
Ditto. At first I thought I was seeing blue and also thought it was a reflection. Very nice Prez.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts