Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had a better Friday in my life. Just called Ford Customer Service, and I've been serialized!!!!! Now I'm just waiting for my dealer to call me back with my VIN#.

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Congrats Prez! The moment alot of us have been waiting for, and especially YOU!:D Your Avatar seems to have a smile to it.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I've never had a better Friday in my life. Just called Ford Customer Service, and I've been serialized!!!!! Now I'm just waiting for my dealer to call me back with my VIN#.

Thats great.Been so long,congrats.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys! Now it's time to start buying mods. I think first will be the Bassani exhaust.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Congrats, make sure the bassanni exhaust is specially made for the GT 500. I had to return the Bassani SS Axle Back Exhaust because they would not fit.

·
Registered
45 Posts

YGBSM (you gotta be shitt'n me)....CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yahooo!!

·
Registered
301 Posts

Let the fun begin. Exactly how many days were you from order placement till this vin verification ? You should recieve endurance award. Let us know how the rest of the process goes. I am excited for you. Congrats!!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Congrats, Prez- you get the delayed gratification award!

sniff... I'm always the bridesmaid but never a bride...lol..still waiting here, dealer claims my VIN forthcoming next couple weeks (similar comment they made once back in December:rolleyes: .. i don't look at calendars anymore)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
It won't be long now. Congratulations. Have you thought about how you're going to break the engine in?

Drive it like you stole it!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats, make sure the bassanni exhaust is specially made for the GT 500. I had to return the Bassani SS Axle Back Exhaust because they would not fit.
Yep, Bassani finally released the GT500 axle-back. Part# BAS54075 Only $426.55 from V8Power.com.

V8Power.com

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let the fun begin. Exactly how many days were you from order placement till this vin verification ? You should recieve endurance award. Let us know how the rest of the process goes. I am excited for you. Congrats!!!!!
Order placement to VIN was 340 days. It was a brutal wait, but now it finally feels like it's all real.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It won't be long now. Congratulations. Have you thought about how you're going to break the engine in?
Well, it's a 3-hour drive from the dealership in Salida, CO to my house in Parker, so I figure that will give me a good break-in. I'll get to drive through some beautiful parts of the Colorado Rockies, including the famous South Park! Maybe I can stop and get pictures with Cartman, Kenny, Stan & Kyle. :D

What am I saying? I'm not going to get to drive it home. I'm pretty sure my wife will make me drive the truck home while she gets to enjoy the Shelby. :(

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, Prez- you get the delayed gratification award!

sniff... I'm always the bridesmaid but never a bride...lol..still waiting here, dealer claims my VIN forthcoming next couple weeks (similar comment they made once back in December:rolleyes: .. i don't look at calendars anymore)
When is the last time you called Ford Customer Service? A ton of Q2 build folks got VINs on Friday. You might want to give them a call.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, congrats Prez. The next month or so will fly by quick and before you know it, your wife will be driving it. :rolleyes: You should talk her into splitting the drive home in half so you both have a chance to feel the fun this car has to offer.

Almost a full year on material hold hell. I wonder if that's the most anyone has had to wait.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, congrats Prez. The next month or so will fly by quick and before you know it, your wife will be driving it. :rolleyes: You should talk her into splitting the drive home in half so you both have a chance to feel the fun this car has to offer.

Almost a full year on material hold hell. I wonder if that's the most anyone has had to wait.
I've heard that you should try to avoid long periods at the same RPM. Varying the RPM's through the gears with occasional hard acceleration with occasional hard deceleration is best. Changing the oil at the end of the break in period is also recommended. If you google "new engine break in" you'll find all kinds of opinions. I'm trying to sort out the various opinions myself.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I've heard that you should try to avoid long periods at the same RPM. Varying the RPM's through the gears with occasional hard acceleration with occasional hard deceleration is best. Changing the oil at the end of the break in period is also recommended. If you google "new engine break in" you'll find all kinds of opinions. I'm trying to sort out the various opinions myself.

Mr Prez,
I have a question.I know the guy who gave you that title.I am willing to bet a lot of people don't even know what you are the Prez of.My question is who is going to be the new Prez,you just don't have the whinning attitude any more?It's almost like the glass is 1/2 full for you now.I have not seen anyone who could complain as much as you did in the past;) Lol.Anyways I am glad your day is comming.:D

Oh and by the way tell your wife to drive it like SHE stole it!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Mr Prez,
I have a question.I know the guy who gave you that title.I am willing to bet a lot of people don't even know what you are the Prez of.My question is who is going to be the new Prez,you just don't have the whinning attitude any more?It's almost like the glass is 1/2 full for you now.I have not seen anyone who could complain as much as you did in the past;) Lol.Anyways I am glad your day is comming.:D

Oh and by the way tell your wife to drive it like SHE stole it!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts