Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thomas, I just saw this thread & can’t believe I missed it! Fantastic pictures! Your car is amazing, the scenery is phenomenal, and your friend did a great job!!!!
Thank you Sam, He'll be happy to hear that. I also appreciate your kind comments. I know you do good photography 🙏 :)

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thank you Kevin, I'll let him read this thread and your post, he's spending Thanksgiving with us, So I'll let him tell you as I have no idea, I do know he was using two lenses I believe, I also know next time he's going to borrow his brothers Gimbels to take even nicer shots, I am hoping his brother joins us as he's a professional Video photographer and has everything to do this stuff, plus I love to get a nice video of the MISTRESS with it in Track Mode, hearing the beautiful music from the exhaust.

We're also planning a track day session too. I'll fine out what he used Kevin, I'll post it here. Thank you again for the kind words Sir.🙏:)
Hello Kevin, Gerald told me he used a Cannon 6D and 24 to 70mm lens, And That is it. Hope that helps you. :)

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Black
488 Posts
Hello Kevin, Gerald told me he used a Cannon 6D and 24 to 70mm lens, And That is it. Hope that helps you. :)
Thanks Thomas. Wow! Amazing with that camera, 6D is a workhorse. I have a Cannon R6 with probably a similar lens or 2. Tell Gerald he did a wonderful job!

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks Thomas. Wow! Amazing with that camera, 6D is a workhorse. I have a Cannon R6 with probably a similar lens or 2. Tell Gerald he did a wonderful job!
I will Kevin, thank you.🙏

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good equipment. I personally use a 6D mkii & my son ( the aspiring photographer) uses a 1DX mkii (that was given to him by a Pro)
I personally prefer the 70-200 2.8 lens for shooting cars. Better compression of image & can blur out background easier. Especially when I don’t have beautiful ones like yours. The little shoot we did yesterday he tried out his latest lens. It’s crazy. 300mm 2.8. Gargantuan lens. Can’t wait for him to finish them up.

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Good equipment. I personally use a 6D mkii & my son ( the aspiring photographer) uses a 1DX mkii (that was given to him by a Pro)
I personally prefer the 70-200 2.8 lens for shooting cars. Better compression of image & can blur out background easier. Especially when I don’t have beautiful ones like yours. The little shoot we did yesterday he tried out his latest lens. It’s crazy. 300mm 2.8. Gargantuan lens. Can’t wait for him to finish them up.
That is very good equipment Sam, He's, (Gerald) never done a car before, just Weddings, party's, Etc. His brother does cars, mostly Video Photography, he has the Gimbels and everything you need, hopefully he'll do my next one when I get my Kong CAI back from airbrushing the Cobra, and after I change my wing to a FFP Version, so much nicer.

We will do a track day photo shoot in January before I get the Wing, should have my Kong CAI back soon. Gerald mentioned getting some sort of polarizing filter? To help block out the glare, I don't know much about Photography, I am sure you know what he's talking about Lol :LOL:
I will let him read this post on the lens, I think you're right it would be much better, like I said this was his first ever car shoot, He has done a wedding with a High end car in the background, but never rolling shots.

Thank you Sam for the input, That is why I wanted you to see my thread of the Mistress🙏;):)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts