Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Rocket on 12/28/07 (worth the wait). On 1/5/07 on the way to work one morning, I was getting off the off ramp when a Semi swerved in front of me and there was a stalled car in front of me. I swerved to miss it and lost control, went over 5 lanes of the freeway and hit the concrete center divider head on !!!!!!! (not in the Shelby thank God).
I broke my back, leg and air bag ripped my hand apart. The Rocket sits in the garage with less than a hundred miles on her. Just recently I have begun to drive again and cannot wait to take her out and put some miles on her. I have been viewing the forum on a daily basis, but have waiting this long to write. I want to thank a few people for all the information they have posted (07 Shelby, Busababy, Shlbysvt, Oldlimp,Cornfay) for all the wisdom they have shared. May be if I feel up to it I might see you guys @ the Romeo trip.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
I picked up my Rocket on 12/28/07 (worth the wait). On 1/5/07 on the way to work one morning, I was getting off the off ramp when a Semi swerved in front of me and there was a stalled car in front of me. I swerved to miss it and lost control, went over 5 lanes of the freeway and hit the concrete center divider head on !!!!!!! (not in the Shelby thank God).
I broke my back, leg and air bag ripped my hand apart. The Rocket sits in the garage with less than a hundred miles on her. Just recently I have begun to drive again and cannot wait to take her out and put some miles on her. I have been viewing the forum on a daily basis, but have waiting this long to write. I want to thank a few people for all the information they have posted (07 Shelby, Busababy, Shlbysvt, Oldlimp,Cornfay) for all the wisdom they have shared. May be if I feel up to it I might see you guys @ the Romeo trip.
My1st

Glad you are ok. Could have turned out very different. He watches over us all the time. Again glad that you are ok, and that you get to drive your Rocket many safe miles.

Illegal

·
Registered
888 Posts
Really sorry to learn of you accident! I know I say for all the forum that we hope you are soon able to fully recover from your injuries. God bless you.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
My1stShelby

Sorry to hear of your accident and from the sounds of it a long recovery. I myself just on Monday, after a few beers, took a step off a ladder thinking I was on the bottom rung. WRONG! I was on the third.:eek: My left knee, which has already seen some trauma, and back are paying the price. No wheres near what you are experiencing. Glad to hear your are doing well and I am sure your Shelby is your motivation in therapy. Hope to see you in Romeo. Moral of the story? I should stick to Martinis.:D :D :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
man i am sorry to hear about your accident and i am glad you are okay and can recover, take your time with the rehabilitation as I am sure you will. I am glad I could help I have learned a ton and my knowledge is minute compared to the members you named me with but thanks and enjoy, and be safe.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
WOW!!!!!!! So glad you're recovering. Sounds like the worst is over.:D . Your Baby will be waiting for you. And remember, White/ Blue is not only the fastest, she's the "Best Looking" too. And she'll be ready for you, when you're ready for Her.

Hope to see you in ROMEO!!!!!!!

Be Safe, And Be Careful. All the best on your road back to her. :D :D :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad to hear that you're doing well :) :) :) and getting back into the swing of things. Tis really good news that you weren't driving the Shelby....:D :D ....Sure sounds an awful lot like mine and we all know that's FASTEST.....;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Wow, glad you came thru that without too much bodily damage. Could have been a whole lot worse :(

Take your time with your rehab and do it faithfully and do it right. Your body will thank you many moons from now.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

All I can say is I am glad you are here to tell us about it.It would really be nice to meet you at the Romeo trip.Thank the good Lord you are still with us.
I don't think they let you drive the Rocket on the Highway To Heaven but then again maybe thats all they will let you drive there!Hang in there.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My1stShelby,

Wow! :(

That's awful!

Good to hear that all worked out OK for you and that you are getting back on your feet. :) :)

As 'msmap' said in his post, take your time with the rehab. Give your boby a chance to properly heel.

Take care. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
My1st

Glad you are ok. Could have turned out very different. He watches over us all the time. Again glad that you are ok, and that you get to drive your Rocket many safe miles.

Illegal
Illegal has it right. He does watch over us. Your description of the wreck sounds pretty bad. I'm happy your okay.:) GGBIW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts