Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,844 Posts
I have zero confidence in the FBI or DOJ.

Unfortunately, I believe a lot of us have given up hope. Many of these "big names" have blatantly broken the law....but nothing ever becomes of it.

But let one of us peons "fail to signal a lane change", and all hell breaks out and we're thrown in jail for 90 days..... the world is definitely in a downward spiral.

.......in other good news....... :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
376 Posts
I’m waiting on some retirement tax to surface. I’m expecting something like: if you were responsible and saved for retirement now your social security benefit will be reduced to provide for those who did not.
I am sure that means testing will be coming to get our SS back.

·
Registered
350 Posts
While I am at it. I visited the doctor today for a check up. A office visit is 80 dollars more if you have insurance vs no insurance. When I asked why they said they offer a discount for people without insurance. Not sure how that is legal but it is. I said “isn’t the purpose of paying for insurance to reduce your cost when you do go to the doctor”. The reply was “if you meet your deductible then you will save some money”. Conclusion: if you have insurance you pay not only for the insurance but you also get charged more. If you meet your deductible then you can take a discount off of a falsely inflated price to lower it closer to what it would have been without insurance. The only time you might theoretically win is if you were very sick. However, medical bills can’t be used against you so just let them pile up until you die. This crap is so broken it’s not even possible to understand how it got this way anymore.

·
Registered
102 Posts
While I am at it. I visited the doctor today for a check up. A office visit is 80 dollars more if you have insurance vs no insurance. When I asked why they said they offer a discount for people without insurance. Not sure how that is legal but it is. I said “isn’t the purpose of paying for insurance to reduce your cost when you do go to the doctor”. The reply was “if you meet your deductible then you will save some money”. Conclusion: if you have insurance you pay not only for the insurance but you also get charged more. If you meet your deductible then you can take a discount off of a falsely inflated price to lower it closer to what it would have been without insurance. The only time you might theoretically win is if you were very sick. However, medical bills can’t be used against you so just let them pile up until you die. This crap is so broken it’s not even possible to understand how it got this way anymore.

Found this out when my wife had a baby 5 months ago. We were never notified of a payment increase, had already met our deductible, never missed a payment in two years and were dropped 1 week before her hospital stay. Was sent a $26,000 bill.

They give people on assistance 90 days plus an extension for a missed payment. For full paying members it’s a 15 day mark before you are cut off. When I asked why they never called to notify me, they said they sent repeated emails to an account I had never even heard of.

Sht pisses me off so much, we pay out the ass for everyone else to reap the benefits.

End rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Is it possible that doctor offices are giving discounts to cash paying patients? Reason why I ask is that we told our doctor that we are paying more out of pocket due to our new plan (which has a higher deductible), and we were given a discount because of paying more cash out of pocket each visit

If you think about it most businesses give cash discounts. So this does not seem out of norm to me, considering the staff and time of payment for services from billing an insurance company.

You might try and ask if there is a cash discount next time you are there. We have heard that this is a common practice at hospitals and doctor offices.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well that’s the whole point. It’s less if you pay cash but then it doesn’t count towards the deductible so you never get the discount but you still paid the premium. The insurance tells you they get you “negotiated” rates but that’s a whole other scam.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
We still get the negotiated plan rate..... just discounted for cash payment on top of it, and we also use our health FSA card which is non-taxed income as well. Our new plan has family as well as individual deductible we must meet. Because of the high deductible amount, we may never meet it depending on our health for that year, so why not take advantage of the discount using our non-taxed FSA (especially towards the end of the plan year)?. Just food for thought...

·
Registered
350 Posts
It makes since if you are sure nothing else will happen that year. It seems like they are all high deductible plans now which makes them more of a catastrophic coverage rather than health insurance. Especially when it is more expensive to use the plan to cover routine medical needs. Even stuff that is supposed to be free (preventative care) is not really. I went in for my annual wellness check which was supposed to be free and I was informed that since I have high blood pressure it is now a blood pressure visit and not a wellness check. So the only time a wellness check is free is if they don’t find anything wrong. I thought the purpose was to make it free so you do get treated early for things like high blood pressure before they turn into strokes and heart failure. Same thing when I went in for a skin cancer screening (my dad had a melanoma so I thought I should get checked). Does not count as preventative. It all just goes back to what the other poster said. Basically the working man is a sucker. You either have to be really rich or really poor. If you try and you land in the middle you pay the price to keep everyone below you above water. I am a humanitarian I really am but it bothers me when I see people who can’t afford to pay for health care for the family they have decide to have 3 more kids. Or a morbidly obese person rolling around the grocery store on their Medicaid go cart loading up the basket with junk and using tax payer assistance to pay for it. Or a young family walking their children across a four lane road because they don’t have a car and going into Best Buy for a 70 inch flat screen. I did not make any of this up. These are all things I have seen this year. Then there is someone like you or the other poster that got dropped from their insurance in error paying full price or haggling for a discount because it’s cheaper than the insurance they purchased because they are responsible and want a healthy family. I was in the ER this summer with a kidney stone. I payed my entire out of pocket max for that one event. While I was there I watched a young family come in claiming they did not speak English and that the doctor told them to come to the hospital for their husbands back. When they say down one of them answered their new iPhone and switched to English to have the conversation. We should help those that need it but it should be a last resort for them and it should be something that they don’t want to use and that they try to avoid. If it’s too easy then no one tries and then the government has to step in and take resources from one group to provide for the other in order to keep the system working. Last rant: health insurance companies should be forced to compete across state lines. It should be more like car insurance. You can switch anytime you like if someone offers you a better plan and the companies should have to be insured by the federal government just like banks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Except it’s not free. Do you think the doctors there don’t get paid and someone donated all the medical equipment and supplies, the labs do the analysis for free, the drugs are free, the research that went into providing all that was free? I wonder who paid for all that to happen

·
Registered
350 Posts
Plus why would you go to a second rate free clinic funded by tax payer dollars when you can just show up at the ER and get the good doctors and equipment. So not only do you pay for a free clinic you don’t use you also pay for insurance you can’t afford to use and you pay more for all of that because some dead beat had a MRI on his back done for free because the hospital billed him but he never paid and he doesn’t suffer a consequence for not paying his doctor bill so he still gets to go buy his new tv on credit.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Everybody with insurance pays when people use free clinics......... There is a debate that free clinics cost even more to operate than just giving patients some form of a subsidized healthcare plan.

·
Premium Member
7,844 Posts
I’m waiting on some retirement tax to surface. I’m expecting something like: if you were responsible and saved for retirement now your social security benefit will be reduced to provide for those who did not.

OUCH..... somebody just kicked me in the nuts...... STOP giving those yahoos in Washington any more STUPID ideas !!! :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
376 Posts
The er policy needs to change for sure. Personally, I would put an ICE agent at every er counter that would E-verify every patient.
When did it become acceptable to expect top notch health care cradle to crypt for a 25$ co pay? When did we decide that someone that is 50lbs overweight and smokes a pack a day should have the same co pay and policy costs as someone that is fit and has healthy habits?

Imagine what your auto insurance rate would be if it included engines, tires, tail light bulbs, transmissions, brakes, and every moving part on your 50 year old car that you never took care of. Add to that, your 5,7&9 year olds will be driving it.

People want free healthcare for life? Serve in the military.

·
Registered
350 Posts

I’m going to try and start up a clinic that receives no subsidy, provides services for almost free yet relies on a complete understanding of one of the most complex biological system on earth. The treatment of said organism is constantly changing and the equipment used to diagnose and the medicine used to treat have no operating cost. The insurance required to provide this service is free also. You may be able to get some aspirin and a ace bandage or maybe even some blood pressure pills that are free at Walmart but I bet a lot of those people ultimately end up in a ER at some point.

·
Banned
376 Posts
I’m going to try and start up a clinic that receives no subsidy, provides services for almost free yet relies on a complete understanding of one of the most complex biological system on earth. The treatment of said organism is constantly changing and the equipment used to diagnose and the medicine used to treat have no operating cost. The insurance required to provide this service is free also. You may be able to get some aspirin and a ace bandage or maybe even some blood pressure pills that are free at Walmart but I bet a lot of those people ultimately end up in a ER at some point.
At the risk of repeating myself....
Re: The Clintons, Holder, Obama, Comey, Lynch....
The er policy needs to change for sure.

I admire your aspirations and actually believe that it is possible when someone with 6 kids, no income and is in the country illegally is already expected to deserve that same health care of a CEO of a fortune 500 company.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The er policy needs to change for sure. Personally, I would put an ICE agent at every er counter that would E-verify every patient.

When did it become acceptable to expect top notch health care cradle to crypt for a 25$ co pay? When did we decide that someone that is 50lbs overweight and smokes a pack a day should have the same co pay and policy costs as someone that is fit and has healthy habits?

Imagine what your auto insurance rate would be if it included engines, tires, tail light bulbs, transmissions, brakes, and every moving part on your 50 year old car that you never took care of. Add to that, your 5,7&9 year olds will be driving it.

People want free healthcare for life? Serve in the military.

I agree. It would be better if there was no insurance. You would see prices for procedures drop. The current model forces doctors to inflate prices before negotiating a lower rate that the insurance will cover. Plus if a doctor knows everyone is forced to get insurance why would he risk his career by not ordering every possible test that supports his diagnosis. People get mri imaging for sprained joints. It’s crazy. You have migraines well we better do some imaging of the blood supply to your brain, a sleep study, and send you to a physical therapist to make sure your neck is ok. Oh, that didn’t work. Let’s write you a script for Botox injections. My fiancé went threw this. I looked at what the insurance got billed for one Botox treatment: $17,000. Did nothing for her and 4 treatments were required before it could be dreamed ineffective. What finally got her headaches in check was a 5 dollar bottle of beta blockers that are also used for blood pressure.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts