Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Hi guys!

Well, I've done a HORRIBLE job keeping this thread updated. Life took a turn for the unexpected in the fall which required my time and attention in other areas. Found out my youngest high schooler is dealing w/ depression issues and nearly flunked the entire fall sophomore semester. On the work front, I was down multiple people during the busy time of year + a major project on top of that. Such is life at times I suppose. Things are "looking up" so things are trending in the right direction.

On the GT500 front, I made the decision to no longer daily drive Shelby. Just too damn hard and time consuming to prep and maintain a daily driver and track car. Can it be done? Yes, it's possible. I just don't have that kind of time and I'm getting too damn old to horse around. Made that decision sometime in September or so, as I was preparing for another track day. It was 10:30pm on Friday night, after a hell of a week at work, the night before the Saturday event and I was cramming all the gear into the Shelby to drive at the crack of dawn to the track (Road Atlanta IIRC). A spare tire in the trunk, another one in the back seat, jack, jackstands, tools, etc., etc.. Thought "WTF am I doing? This is nuts. There has to be a better way!!!"

So with that, I bought a used truck to be my daily driver, and rented a uhaul car hauler for each of the four track events that followed my last post. Road Atlanta in September, Road Atlanta in October, Barber in November and Road Atlanta in December. I have video for each but I may never get around to creating a video.

As of now, me and a buddy are booked ($ paid) for the following track days:

Mar 26, 2023 (Sunday) -- Roebling Road with Just Track It
Apr 10, 2023 (Monday) -- Barber with Jzilla ("Day After Easter" event)
Jul 15, 2023 (Saturday) -- Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval with Jzilla ("Under the Lights" event)

Still working on filling in the other months with a track day. Looking at Ozark, COTA, National Corvette Museum track (late Sept w/ Chin) and Daytona (November w/ Chin).

Hit me up if you want to hit the track with us!

· #1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
12,147 Posts
Hi guys!

Well, I've done a HORRIBLE job keeping this thread updated. Life took a turn for the unexpected in the fall which required my time and attention in other areas. Found out my youngest high schooler is dealing w/ depression issues and nearly flunked the entire fall sophomore semester. On the work front, I was down multiple people during the busy time of year + a major project on top of that. Such is life at times I suppose. Things are "looking up" so things are trending in the right direction.

On the GT500 front, I made the decision to no longer daily drive Shelby. Just too damn hard and time consuming to prep and maintain a daily driver and track car. Can it be done? Yes, it's possible. I just don't have that kind of time and I'm getting too damn old to horse around. Made that decision sometime in September or so, as I was preparing for another track day. It was 10:30pm on Friday night, after a hell of a week at work, the night before the Saturday event and I was cramming all the gear into the Shelby to drive at the crack of dawn to the track (Road Atlanta IIRC). A spare tire in the trunk, another one in the back seat, jack, jackstands, tools, etc., etc.. Thought "WTF am I doing? This is nuts. There has to be a better way!!!"

So with that, I bought a used truck to be my daily driver, and rented a uhaul car hauler for each of the four track events that followed my last post. Road Atlanta in September, Road Atlanta in October, Barber in November and Road Atlanta in December. I have video for each but I may never get around to creating a video.

As of now, me and a buddy are booked ($ paid) for the following track days:

Mar 26, 2023 (Sunday) -- Roebling Road with Just Track It
Apr 10, 2023 (Monday) -- Barber with Jzilla ("Day After Easter" event)
Jul 15, 2023 (Saturday) -- Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval with Jzilla ("Under the Lights" event)

Still working on filling in the other months with a track day. Looking at Ozark, COTA, National Corvette Museum track (late Sept w/ Chin) and Daytona (November w/ Chin).

Hit me up if you want to hit the track with us!
What about the track days at Ozark International on May 4th and 5th? LOL! Glad to hear you're having fun with the GT500 and getting it out on the track!

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
What about the track days at Ozark International on May 4th and 5th? LOL! Glad to hear you're having fun with the GT500 and getting it out on the track!
I’m working on it for sure. My senior graduates from high school in May but they have not announced when the ceremony and activities are yet.

· Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
3,012 Posts
I’m working on it for sure. My senior graduates from high school in May but they have not announced when the ceremony and activities are yet.
ShelbyFest is the better choice. Graduation is lame.

· Registered
2018 GT350
3,765 Posts
Hoping things get better with your youngest. It's a whole different world to be raising children in right now.

Smart decision on the tow rig, I've avoided it for awhile, but the wife's new daily is capable enough if I wanted to, I just know she'd shoot me if I stashed a low rise trailer at a storage facility and then stole her daily every weekend I wanted to go play.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
ShelbyFest is the better choice. Graduation is lame.
I'll let you break that news to my wife. :D

Hoping things get better with your youngest. It's a whole different world to be raising children in right now.

Smart decision on the tow rig, I've avoided it for awhile, but the wife's new daily is capable enough if I wanted to, I just know she'd shoot me if I stashed a low rise trailer at a storage facility and then stole her daily every weekend I wanted to go play.
Thanks, Kyle. I never imagined it would be so difficult to find a counselor. The demand is off the chart, and the wait lists are long. Sort of a sad situation across the country from that perspective.

I hear ya, man. I was in the same situation. Wife's Sequoia could have been used as the tow vehicle but figured it was in my best interest to have my own tow vehicle! :ROFLMAO:

PS -- killer sig pic, man!

141 - 147 of 147 Posts