Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

· #1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
12,147 Posts
Another track day! Well, technically day AND night. Went "Under the Lights" at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval!!! HELL YEAH!

I was the only GT500 there at the event. This car was made for this track! Get those GT500s on the track, guys!

It was a slightly different layout than the GT500 Track Attack layout. They took out a couple of the infield turns, as well as the "Bus Stop" on the back straight away --- so it was pedal to the metal all the way down the back straightaway! More speed all the way around.

Was a new experience for me driving on a track at night. Loved it!

2021 Shelby GT500 "Under the Lights" at Charlotte Motor Speedway -- Jzilla Track Event - 2022-07-16 - YouTube
Great video! Looks like you really had a good time! That straight away was made for the Shelby!

· Premium Member
07 Vert, 22 Grabber Blue
200 Posts
Another track day! Well, technically day AND night. Went "Under the Lights" at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval!!! HELL YEAH!

I was the only GT500 there at the event. This car was made for this track! Get those GT500s on the track, guys!

It was a slightly different layout than the GT500 Track Attack layout. They took out a couple of the infield turns, as well as the "Bus Stop" on the back straight away --- so it was pedal to the metal all the way down the back straightaway! More speed all the way around.

2021 Shelby GT500 "Under the Lights" at Charlotte Motor Speedway -- Jzilla Track Event - 2022-07-16 - YouTube
Cool video Kris, looks like you had a great time!!

· Registered
2021 GT500-2.85 griptech pulley/long tube headers/JLT Intake/1050x Injectors
1,449 Posts
Great video! That looks like so much fun. I hit 139mph going into the bus station when I was there 2 weeks ago for FP driving school. I wish it wasn’t so far. I’d love to take my car around Charlotte.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Amazing thread! I wish I had started one like this 😂
Thanks! It's never too late, Chris! :p (y)

Great video! That looks like so much fun. I hit 139mph going into the bus station when I was there 2 weeks ago for FP driving school. I wish it wasn’t so far. I’d love to take my car around Charlotte.
Thanks, Shawn! @Goose17 and I are scheming on track days. He wants to run Road Atlanta sometime, and I want to run COTA sometime. If the calendars work where a Road Atlanta track day and Charlotte track day are on back-to-back weekends, that would be an epic road trip for you guys to head this way and for all of us to run together. Throw a Tail of the Dragon trip in between and we have the makings of an insanely awesome trip!

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
53,943 Posts
Absolutely AWESOME Fletch! Such an amazing track! I could not imagine running it at night! :eek:

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Absolutely AWESOME Fletch! Such an amazing track! I could not imagine running it at night! :eek:
It’s an annual event for Jzilla. So let’s begin making next July road trip plans you and @Big Shawn and the rest of the DFW Shelby crew! 🤟🤟🤟

· Registered
2018 GT350
3,765 Posts

That's awesome.

· Registered
2018 GT350
3,765 Posts
Kyle, you gotta come with us next time! Your GT350 would LOVE it! :p
Wrapping up my new 305 square track tire setup and have some brake cooling ducts on the way.

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
53,943 Posts
Wrapping up my new 305 square track tire setup and have some brake cooling ducts on the way.
What ducts? I went with the Vorshlag deflectors.

Reactions: fletchffletch

· Registered
2018 GT350
3,765 Posts
I will have the Verus deflectors. I suppose deflectors are a better term than ducts, but they call them ducts. I have their rear diffuser as well and it's all super well engineered stuff. They just did all the aero work on Ken Block's new Pike's Peak Hill Climb car that unfortunately blew a motor. Everything they do is tested and modeled in CFD and in the real world. Plus they're from my home state.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Excellent

So did you have to drill and tap, Tim? Any reason to be concerned about compromising the strength of the control arm?

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
53,943 Posts
Excellent

So did you have to drill and tap, Tim? Any reason to be concerned about compromising the strength of the control arm?
No on the drill and yes on the tap. You make the hole ever so slightly bigger with the threads... no issues.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Alright, boys, my fall track schedule is nailed down. Me and a GT350 buddy have booked these dates. Anyone is welcome to join us. If anyone has been considering taking their car to the track, it sure is a lot easier and less intimidating going with someone who has been. Not to mention it is a lot more fun going with a group!

Sep 10th at Road Atlanta with Just Track It (Saturday)
Oct 23rd at Road Atlanta with Chin (Sunday)
Nov 21st at Barber with Jzilla (Monday)
Dec 2nd at Road Atlanta with Just Track It (Friday)

· Registered
2021 Velocity Blue
35 Posts
Alright, boys, my fall track schedule is nailed down. Me and a GT350 buddy have booked these dates. Anyone is welcome to join us. If anyone has been considering taking their car to the track, it sure is a lot easier and less intimidating going with someone who has been. Not to mention it is a lot more fun going with a group!

Sep 10th at Road Atlanta with Just Track It (Saturday)
Oct 23rd at Road Atlanta with Chin (Sunday)
Nov 21st at Barber with Jzilla (Monday)
Dec 2nd at Road Atlanta with Just Track It (Friday)
I’d love to join some of you guys in some fun. Totally new to the track stuff. No clue where to start. I’ll be retired soon so I need a hobby to occupy my time with this amazing car. It’s blatantly obvious these cars need an open track to fully experience what was intended. Someone posted on Facebook about the “Mohawk Track Experience” in Michigan. It’s Monday through Wednesday and then Thursday through Sunday is

I seen a few years ago there was an all Shelby event on the Dragon. I’d really like to participate in something like that. I bought this car to drive and enjoy. Driving it daily is nice but she needs a place to run now and then.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
I’d love to join some of you guys in some fun. Totally new to the track stuff. No clue where to start. I’ll be retired soon so I need a hobby to occupy my time with this amazing car. It’s blatantly obvious these cars need an open track to fully experience what was intended. Someone posted on Facebook about the “Mohawk Track Experience” in Michigan. It’s Monday through Wednesday and then Thursday through Sunday is

I seen a few years ago there was an all Shelby event on the Dragon. I’d really like to participate in something like that. I bought this car to drive and enjoy. Driving it daily is nice but she needs a place to run now and then.
Hey Jason. One word of warning — tracking is ADDICTIVE! 😂 Get ready to mortgage your house to support your newly found addiction. 😜

Seriously, these cars a TON of fun out on the track. Really get to experience what these cars can do. If you are ever in the area (looks like you’re in PA, I’m in GA) and want to hit the track, definitely let me know. Or if you want to plan an epic road trip to a track let me know. Would be happy to help you “get up to speed” — pun intended! 😂😜

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Yesterday’s project — Vorshlag brake cooling deflectors. The holes were already there but are not tapped. Bought the tap from Home Depot and used my tap socket I had from a different job on a different vehicle. Used Quickjack to get wheels up in the air, tires off and manually moved the the rotor/wheel to max left and then max right to get as much working space as possible

A nice mod - will help direct airflow more precisely than the existing duct at the front of the wheel well.

A note. Kit comes with the bolts and spacers but no nylon nuts for the “back side”. I put a bit of blue Loctite on the threads and snugged up the bolts.
Material property Font Metal Titanium Fashion accessory
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive tire
Office supplies Finger Material property Font Wood
Fluid Yellow Material property Font Plastic

121 - 140 of 147 Posts