Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

· Registered
2022 Shadow Black CFTP Shelby GT500 (in Production); 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR Recon
253 Posts
I have another track day in a few weeks (3/20) at the same track. I picked up a spare set of used base wheels and a set of used SC2s over the past couple of months and am planning on running those for this next track day. Hoping for warm weather so I can experience the stickiness of the SC2s.

Forgot to mention, I invested in some safety gear before this last track day -- helmet, hans device and Schroth Quick Fit Pro harness, as well as a fire extinguisher. I did have to reverse the head rest in order for the hans to not interfere with it.
Where does your 5 or 6 point harness mount behind the seat? Did you have to install a harness bar?

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Where does your 5 or 6 point harness mount behind the seat? Did you have to install a harness bar?
It's a 4 point harness with an anti-submarine feature, that I use in conjunction with a hans device and helmet. No harness bar needed. This video explains it better than I can.

Schroth Quick Fit Overview - YouTube

And a couple of videos on how to mount/install it in a S550.

How to install Schroth QuickFit Pro 4-point seat belt to 2016 S550 Mustang - YouTube

Schroth Quick Fit Racing Harness install - Shelby GT350/S550 Mustang - YouTube

The other option I was considering was just using the stock 3 point seatbelt and wearing a Simpson Hybrid S harness with a helmet.

I wasn't aware of the BMR removable harness bar until after I went the route I did. That's another option.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Q1 is one of my busiest times of the year, so it took me a little while to get a video together of my 3rd track day and my personal best on that track. The GPS in the phone (Track Addict) got confused where the start/finish line was so ignore the clock in the upper right corner video. And the GPS in the GoPro didn't recognize when I crossed the finish line, but it is right around 141.9.

Also, this is my first video integrating another video into the shot. Used the video from my phone w/ Track Addict to film me and the GoPro to film out the front.

3rd Track Day - My PB Lap - 2021 GT500 at Atlanta Motorsports Park - YouTube

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Over 7k miles now. Had to replace my windshield. Caught a rock. Had Safelite do it and they did an excellent job. Went with Ford OEM windshield and looks good as new.

Completed my fourth track day last Friday at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Working on the video. Changed the oil, gave her a bath and bled the brakes for the second time.

After 7k daily driven miles and 4 track days my brake pads still have 8-9 mm of pad life left.

I guess I’m old school - I still write my maintenance at the end of the owners manual.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper
Handwriting Rectangle Font Line Writing
Automotive parking light Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 · (Edited)
Been a while since my last post. Daily driving a car I also track is proving to be quite time consuming with all the associated maintenance before and after track days. Add on top of that the time to edit and prepare some videos and it is a CHUNK of (fun) time for sure.

Since my last post, I've bled the brakes again, completed the Caliperfexion caliper stud modification, changed the oil and filter and changed the rear differential fluid (since it had 500 track miles on it, per the owner's manual). All in preparation for running the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval "Under the Lights" event this Saturday afternoon/night. Going to be renting a Uhaul car hauler and traveling up there on Friday with a GT350 buddy. Should be fun!

Videos of my 4th and 5th track days to follow...
Handwriting Font Writing Paper Paper product

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
4th track day!

"Some footage of my 4th track day, unexpectedly at AMP. I had planned on my 4th track day being at Ozark International Raceway in conjunction with Shelbyfest but had to cancel. To fill in the gap, I booked a last minute track day at AMP with a friend in his GT350 (black w/ white stripe).

There happened to be another gent there with a GT500 (blue w/ white stripe). It was his first time at AMP so I did some lead-follow with him for a couple of the sessions to help him learn the track. He is behind me in the footage in the video where I’m following my friend in his GT350. We were all in the Novice Solo run group.

Weather was “iffy” leading up to the event, so I left my stock 4S tires on that had about 7k miles of commuting and 3 track days on them. Pretty impressed with the combination of stickiness and durability of these tires."

4th Track Day - GT500s and GT350 - Atlanta Motorsports Park - YouTube

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
5th track day. 1st time at Road Atlanta, baby! I’m in the Novice w/ Instructor group.

This also my first attempt at stepping up my video making game by using a program called Movavi. I'm still just running one GoPro camera (filming forward) and my iPhone (filming me via Track Addict app) but am doing what I can to jazz it up some. Hope you enjoy it!

5th Track Day - 2021 Shelby GT500 - ROAD ATLANTA - Just Track It - 6/10/2022 - YouTube

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 · (Edited)
Some Road Atlanta carnage to one of my Jaeger Brothers flaps. I think it happened while going over the “bump” in Turn 3. In any case, it got dislodged from the body panel and was dragging or rubbing or both. Included a pic of the good one for comparison.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
This floor jack really works well with the base model. I don’t need to get the tires up on a 2x4 or anything in order to lift the car. Just slide it under the car directly under the side mirrors, position on the Steeda jacking rail and voila, up on the jacks I place under the jacking rail it goes.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
A couple little tricks when I’m changing the oil to make life a bit easier. I place a chunk of 2x10 under the front wheels to get just a bit of downslope and then I place a socket between the pan and the belly to angle the belly down just enough to avoid having the oil run backwards.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Rear diff fluid change pics. I used an old 64 oz Ziploc disposable food container to catch the fluid in. It drained out about 54 oz. I put back in the exact same amount (4 oz of friction modifier and 50 oz of gear oil).

Attachments

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
53,940 Posts
Some Road Atlanta carnage to one of my Jaeger Brothers flaps. I think it happened while going over the “bump” in Turn 3. In any case, it got dislodged from the body panel and was dragging or rubbing or both. Included a pic of the good one for comparison.
I’ve gone through a handful of the Jaeger Bros flaps. I have chatted with the owner on a few occasions about the design… he does not feel the need to modify it. Just a couple of days ago, I had an epiphany… I drilled an extra hole where one of the fender liner push pins go. I suspect my Jaeger flap problems are over, but have yet to track test it.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Kris, you might appreciate this. My assigned ride at Track Attack.

View attachment 240543
Heck yeah!!! You got the fastest one!

I’ve gone through a handful of the Jaeger Bros flaps. I have chatted with the owner on a few occasions about the design… he does not feel the need to modify it. Just a couple of days ago, I had an epiphany… I drilled an extra hole where one of the fender liner push pins go. I suspect my Jaeger flap problems are over, but have yet to track test it.

View attachment 240545
YES! Me thinks I'll be doing that mod. Good thinking! Maybe they'll reconsider the design now that there's at least two of us that have experienced some flap carnage.

· Registered
2022 Shadow Black CFTP Shelby GT500 (in Production); 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR Recon
253 Posts
Just to clarify goose:,you are drilling an extra hole through the Fenderwell of the car to place a another pushpen?

· Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited, 2020 BMW 430I
837 Posts

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
53,940 Posts
Just to clarify goose:,you are drilling an extra hole through the Fenderwell of the car to place a another pushpen?
No, there are holes and push pins already there in the fender liner. I just drilled a hole in the flaps to put the fender liner push pin through the flap vs. behind it.

Reactions: fletchffletch

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
53,940 Posts
Found a couple old pics, you can see the push pins behind the flap:

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Sleeve Finger Bumper Auto part

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Another track day! Well, technically day AND night. Went "Under the Lights" at the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval!!! HELL YEAH!

I was the only GT500 there at the event. This car was made for this track! Get those GT500s on the track, guys!

It was a slightly different layout than the GT500 Track Attack layout. They took out a couple of the infield turns, as well as the "Bus Stop" on the back straight away --- so it was pedal to the metal all the way down the back straightaway! More speed all the way around.

Was a new experience for me driving on a track at night. Loved it!

2021 Shelby GT500 "Under the Lights" at Charlotte Motor Speedway -- Jzilla Track Event - 2022-07-16 - YouTube

101 - 120 of 147 Posts