Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought it would be fun to chronical the history and adventures of my daily driven 2021 base model. I’ve never done anything like this before so I’m not sure how this might play out, but we’re gonna give it a go! I plan on capturing MPG info, maintenance, mods, driving impressions, driving adventures and who knows what else – we shall see. Here goes!

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Placed my order on 2/4/21 with Liberty Ford outside of Cleveland OH at MSRP. Chip shortage and other covid supply chain issues caused delays but the plant restarted and fortunately mine was in the queue for production. Here are some assembly line pics on 6/21 and 6/22 of the beast coming together! Chassis M1198 lives!

Attachments

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here’s a few dash sequence shots of the first startup after assembly.

Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive design Gauge Steering wheel
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Speedometer Automotive design
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Speedometer
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive tire

Then a few shots of testing on a dyno before she officially rolled off the line to go get stripes.

Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Speedometer Gauge Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel
Speedometer Vehicle Car Automotive design Gauge

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It was delivered to the dealer on 7/8/21. Of course, this was a day before we left for a week-long vacation so it took some additional time before it got to me in GA (had it shipped down). Here's some pics of it arriving at the dealership, and a video and some pics of it coming off the showroom floor and being loaded into the transporter.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I had it delivered straight to the shop (Glasslife) doing the PPF, ceramic and tint. Here are some pics and vids I took of the delivery at 12:30am on 7/25/21. Huge shout out to Glasslife for accepting delivery after hours on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. My oldest son didn’t want to miss all the excitement, so he came with me. I gave him the honor of pushing the START button for the first time. I think he liked it!

It is now Sunday evening, 7/25. Glasslife should be done w/ the car by the end of this week, so with any luck, I'll actually be driving my car next weekend. Woohoo!!!

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Smile

Attachments

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
54,197 Posts
Love it! 🤟

· Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
5,991 Posts
Kris, by the time you get it, the car should have passed the break-in mileage point for you. 😉

· Registered
2011 GT500 SVT PP Race Red Glass Roof
536 Posts
Awesome congrats on your new car. Keep posting up your impressions when you get seat time.

· Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
1,216 Posts
Very nice --- I forgot how yellow the backup light is -- I really need to put the white LED upgrade on my list :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to your updates and impressions --- almost 12k in on mine and still loving it.

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kris, by the time you get it, the car should have passed the break-in mileage point for you. 😉
LOL! Yea, heck, by the time I get it the warranty may have timed out! ;) :D

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome congrats on your new car. Keep posting up your impressions when you get seat time.
Thank you, Mike. Will do!

Congrats! You have a lot more patience than I do. I would have had to have it a day or 2 and get it "broke in." 🤪
Thanks, Mike. Patience was running very thin on Saturday. The midday delivery turned out to be a midnight delivery! :eek::mad:

Wow, Kris! That first start-up in the trailer was woody time! When I picked up my GT350, it was in the showroom. When they started it to take it outside...same experience! Car looks and sounds great! Hope to see it at TTOTD this fall! I bet you are stoked!

Very nice --- I forgot how yellow the backup light is -- I really need to put the white LED upgrade on my list :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to your updates and impressions --- almost 12k in on mine and still loving it.
Thanks, Phillip.

Wow, beautiful car! My favorite color stripe combo. Is the dealership you picked it up from located in Aurora, Ohio? I live minutes from there. Liberty has several dealerships in NE Ohio. Am going to bring my 09 to a car show there on the 31st of July.
Thanks, Len. Yes, sir, it was the Aurora location. That's cool about the car show -- tell them I said hello!

Congrats Kris!! She looks gorgeous!
Thanks, Jon!

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, gentlemen, it is FINALLY home! Me and my oldest son picked it up yesterday afternoon from the shop doing the PPF, ceramic and tint. As we rounded the corner to the shop, we could see it parked out front, absolutely gleaming in the sun. This was me...

To say I was excited is, well...I'll let this short video of me sitting in it for the first time and starting it up for the first time speak for itself. Turn up the volume!

A few visuals of my feelings at that moment!!!

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
About a 14 mile drive home from the shop...my first time behind the wheel of this beast. Funny thing...when I was getting ready to leave the shop, I sat there adjusting the mirrors, seats, etc.. When it came time to drive/pull out, my left hand was on the top of the wheel and my right hand naturally went looking for the stick! :eek::ROFLMAO: I honestly think memories of my 2011 GT500 played a part in that, as the new GT500 immediately felt familiar and right.

Initial driving impression on the 14 mile drive --- very easy to drive and comfortable. Felt a bit big / heavy. Doesn't drive / feel like something that has 760hp. Was mindful of 100 mile break in so didn't take it up past 3-4k rpm, but was able to get some acceleration going -- the shifts are super quick and smooth. Worked the paddles a bit -- light, easy, quick.

Got it home, ate dinner and then me and my oldest installed the ZL1 Addons jacking pads, got it up on the Quickjacks and spent the next 3 hours on our backs getting the front splitter and splitter wickers installed. Finished up at 11pm last night. Soaked to the bone with sweat.

THANK YOU, Tim ( @Goose17 ) for your video! The written instructions are freaking pathetic -- your video saved us a lot of time and avoided a bunch (not all!) of profanity. :p

· Premium Member
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
7,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put some more miles on it today. Up to 75 miles or so now, so getting close to being able to let 'er rip. Getting more and more accustomed to it...and freaking loving it. Drove some of the country roads around here with some twists and turns, and worked the paddles -- so much fun. DCT shifts up and down are quick and smooth -- barely even feel anything. But you sure can hear them...hello glorious exhaust notes/barks!

Oldest son was glad to help the cause this morning. (y):p

Attachments

· Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
54,197 Posts
Lots of “awesome” here Kris! Congrats bud! 🤟

1 - 20 of 147 Posts