Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
76 Posts
Another fact is Carroll's passing means he had nothing to do with Shelby vehicle development after 2012. He may have been even more pleased with subsequent models, but we'll never know.
Well crap . . . there goes the value of my 2020 Shelby GT500

·
Registered
2014, GT500, PP & TP, Cortex suspension
195 Posts
Yes. Now that you are aware of how little it is worth, please reach out to me. I can at least give you something for it. 😇

·
Registered
76 Posts
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Numerous
1,573 Posts
Not sure why you chose to quote me - I neither raised nor subscribe to that argument.

Anyone paying attention knows my comments were made to correct erroneous and tired claims that Carroll was uninvolved with development of '07-'14 GT500s. It should be clear by now that he was involved - Ford Performance said so and he said so. Moreover, his passing makes it axiomatic that he had nothing to do with Shelby vehicle development after 2012. I neither claimed nor implied newer Shelby vehicles aren't "real Shelbys." You chose to infer that. Twisting the messenger's words because you don't like the message changes nothing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just making light of the conversation here on a thread that went from the 2007 being a bargain, to Mr Shelby's involvement in said bargain. Nothing more.
The mods can delete my comments if off track.

Calif GT500 out . . .

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,467 Posts
Not sure why you chose to quote me - I neither raised nor subscribe to that argument.

Anyone paying attention knows my comments were made to correct erroneous and tired claims that Carroll was uninvolved with development of '07-'14 GT500s. It should be clear by now that he was involved - Ford Performance said so and he said so. Moreover, his passing makes it axiomatic that he had nothing to do with Shelby vehicle development after 2012. I neither claimed nor implied newer Shelby vehicles aren't "real Shelbys." You chose to infer that. Twisting the messenger's words because you don't like the message changes nothing.
Curious how this affects you as you don’t have your year car listed under your screen name. If you need assistance in making that happen, let me know and I can post screen shots to show how it’s done. It helps in all of the different conversations here as we cover multiple iterations of the GT500.

·
Registered
2013 GT 500
120 Posts

I’m not poking but in reality what is Shelby doing with these cars? Other than different drive train and stickers? To me seems like a licensing wet dream for both Ford and Shelby. Not being argumentative here but just seems 90-95% of the car is Ford

·
Registered
2020 GT500
279 Posts
I’m not poking but in reality what is Shelby doing with these cars? Other than different drive train and stickers? To me seems like a licensing wet dream for both Ford and Shelby. Not being argumentative here but just seems 90-95% of the car is Ford
Oops. Misread post. Carry on. :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
I say it’s all Ford (SVT). The 07-14 GT500 is really just the follow-on to the Terminator in the S197 platform. The concept and R&D was done for the Terminator, which when released, was a total shock and awe moment for the performance car world! Was Mr. Shelby there designing the 03-04 Cobra? No, he was not. The “Cobra” moniker was dropped and the “GT500” name was brought back from the grave, with the blessing of Mr. Shelby himself. I’m sure Ford threw home a few bones in the process. We then saw the S197 GT500 morph through the iterations… 2010, 2011 & 2013. Was Mr. Shelby there saying to the engineers: “we really should switch to an aluminum 5.4.” “I think it would now be better with a 5.8.” Ummmm, no. This discredits all the work the SVT put into these cars.

I am a fan of Carroll Shelby’s legacy and what he did for the Mustang. It’s an awesome history. Ford used this legacy and put a little “spin” on the release of the iterations just like the media puts spin on stories. I don’t find fault with it whatsoever. They are in the business of selling cars and the 07+ GT500 has been hugely popular. Kudos to all involved, no matter how major or how minor their role was.

·
Registered
2013 GT 500
120 Posts
I say it’s all Ford (SVT). The 07-14 GT500 is really just the follow-on to the Terminator in the S197 platform. The concept and R&D was done for the Terminator, which when released, was a total shock and awe moment for the performance car world! Was Mr. Shelby there designing the 03-04 Cobra? No, he was not. The “Cobra” moniker was dropped and the “GT500” name was brought back from the grave, with the blessing of Mr. Shelby himself. I’m sure Ford threw home a few bones in the process. We then saw the S197 GT500 morph through the iterations… 2010, 2011 & 2013. Was Mr. Shelby there saying to the engineers: “we really should switch to an aluminum 5.4.” “I think it would now be better with a 5.8.” Ummmm, no. This discredits all the work the SVT put into these cars.

I am a fan of Carroll Shelby’s legacy and what he did for the Mustang. It’s an awesome history. Ford used this legacy and put a little “spin” on the release of the iterations just like the media puts spin on stories. I don’t find fault with it whatsoever. They are in the business of selling cars and the 07+ GT500 has been hugely popular. Kudos to all involved, no matter how major or how minor their role was.
yeah I don’t care either it’s a cool car and cool moniker that most of us here have bought into. But with that said seems foolish to think this car is anything but a Ford

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
809 Posts
He had an unwavering particularness and attention to detail that he was known for, so having him give his signature of approval is an accomplishment for anyone. He doesn't need to do anything. He simply needs to look it over and give it his blessing.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
yeah I don’t care either it’s a cool car and cool moniker that most of us here have bought into. But with that said seems foolish to think this car is anything but a Ford
He had an unwavering particularness and attention to detail that he was known for, so having him give his signature of approval is an accomplishment for anyone. He doesn't need to do anything. He simply needs to look it over and give it his blessing.
Well said x2!

121 - 132 of 132 Posts