Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ever since I installed my headers I have been having inconsistent cold starts and with the car breaking up until warm and it was hit or miss as to when it would occur.(cold start, warm start, or anywhere inbetween. After sending Fred at Evolution several data logs he insisted it was the Bassani headers prone to exhaust leaks, even though they sold me the set up. Fred's response, "Throw the Bassani"s in the dumpster". Recently hooked up with Jon Lund and upon the first data log he diagnosed it as an electrical problem with a bad ground or PCM. Thinking that I had removed the fuse box assembly to install the headers, (part of the install process) I proceeded to dissassemble the fuse box assembly. The only thing I noticed was a piece of lint in one of the connectors. Put it back together and problem solved. Without Jon this would have been a nightmare to diagnose and I am sure a Ford tech would have been lost. The graphs told the whole story and how Fred missed this is beyond me. Jon Lund is the best programer out there in my opinion and he is a pleasure to work with. Thanks Jon.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Ever since I installed my headers I have been having inconsistent cold starts and with the car breaking up until warm and it was hit or miss as to when it would occur.(cold start, warm start, or anywhere inbetween. After sending Fred at Evolution several data logs he insisted it was the Bassani headers prone to exhaust leaks, even though they sold me the set up. Fred's response, "Throw the Bassani"s in the dumpster". Recently hooked up with Jon Lund and upon the first data log he diagnosed it as an electrical problem with a bad ground or PCM. Thinking that I had removed the fuse box assembly to install the headers, (part of the install process) I proceeded to dissassemble the fuse box assembly. The only thing I noticed was a piece of lint in one of the connectors. Put it back together and problem solved. Without Jon this would have been a nightmare to diagnose and I am sure a Ford tech would have been lost. The graphs told the whole story and how Fred missed this is beyond me. Jon Lund is the best programer out there in my opinion and he is a pleasure to work with. Thanks Jon.

+1 He is the best out there. I can see where that could have been a real long term nightmare.

Cal

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Nothing against Fred, but he's a sales guy. When in doubt, talk to Jon. Glad you got the issue tracked down.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Does Jon lund also work for evolution.
Jon Lund does not work for Evolution. He has his own shop: www.lundracing.com. Jon used to provide tunes for Evolution, but he has cut them off for reasons Jon won't disclose. I believe you can still get a Jon Lund tune through Evolution, but you will work directly with Jon when tuning your car.

·
Registered
658 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts