Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my visor back from Shelby's Children's Charity today. OK...so I didn't get the car or the autograph back by the 12th.....but I'm ready for delivery now! Check it out, and let there be no question to this AARP member's age.

bj

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Is that cool or what?That will be quite a show piece in the new ride.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That is way cool, bj! That is exactly where I will ask him to sign mine! Now you just need a Shelby to mount that bad boy!

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oldimp said:
That is way cool, bj! That is exactly where I will ask him to sign mine! Now you just need a Shelby to mount that bad boy!
Details, details.....

bj

·
Registered
90 Posts
VNMOUS1 said:
Got my visor back from Shelby's Children's Charity today. OK...so I didn't get the car or the autograph back by the 12th.....but I'm ready for delivery now! Check it out, and let there be no question to this AARP member's age.

bj
AARP? I thought you were middle age crazy! You are old man insane!
Its great to see you older guys kick'n life in the ass and refusing to be porch sipping tea drinkers bitching about the young bucks passing on the right. Oh ya nice visor.

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOOK N GO said:
AARP? I thought you were middle age crazy! You are old man insane!
Its great to see you older guys kick'n life in the ass and refusing to be porch sipping tea drinkers bitching about the young bucks passing on the right. Oh ya nice visor.
I'm a long way from the grave, "buck". I read your post to my hot, younger wife (ain't middle-age crazy just grand!!!???) and thought she would have a cow!

We've all heard the BS about 50 being the new 30, and while I certainly feel great it gives me cause to think about my parents when they were my age. They WERE old! No hip factor whatsoever!

I've always been in a business and had hobbies to keep me very young. Running a couple of music radio stations keeps me around young people, activities, and environment. Raced motorcycles for years and have finally gone back to a biiiig machine for my old-age butt: A Goldwing. I teach SCUBA as a hobby. Golf weekly. Fly airplanes. I am the proverbial Jack of All Trades, Master of None (well, I really can teach SCUBA and fly well, but my golf game frequently sucks!!)

So, as you can see, there's hope for you, ya snot-nosed kid. ;)

Stay active, stay strong, stay young. Oh, and drive kick-ass cars!!! :cool:

Seriously, thanks for the nod to us "fogies".

bj

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey, hey, hey... Great to hear you haven't hit the wall at 50. I know you have a good sense of humor, thanks to your younger wife that keeps you on your toes (and hands and knees :) ). I never thought it would feel so good to be called "buck" or "snot nosed", but it is a hell of a lot better than getting the senior citizens price at McDonald's just because you have some gray in your hair! So, that was me on Monday, but Tuesday I went out to eat with friends and the waitress IDs everyone at the table except me! :( I am not far behind at 42, but the thought of getting that AARP membership letter scares the hell out of me, and I ain't afraid of nothing! My sons are off on their own and now my toys are just getting more expensive.

Cheers to... Mr. Shelby, younger women, and men & their toys.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Anybody seen Bold moves 5.Oldimp turned me on.It has the 2nd best color available.Traditional but traditionable doesn't win respect.It is a beautiful car and they did a great job filming.I love this car.It just begs to beat Corvettes.Ford doesn't even pay me to advertise for them.

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOOK N GO said:
Hey, hey, hey... Great to hear you haven't hit the wall at 50. I know you have a good sense of humor, thanks to your younger wife that keeps you on your toes (and hands and knees :) ). I never thought it would feel so good to be called "buck" or "snot nosed", but it is a hell of a lot better than getting the senior citizens price at McDonald's just because you have some gray in your hair! So, that was me on Monday, but Tuesday I went out to eat with friends and the waitress IDs everyone at the table except me! :( I am not far behind at 42, but the thought of getting that AARP membership letter scares the hell out of me, and I ain't afraid of nothing! My sons are off on their own and now my toys are just getting more expensive.

Cheers to... Mr. Shelby, younger women, and men & their toys.
They didn't automatically send me an AARP card, so I actually called a month before my birthday. Hell, I'm not too proud to get a deal or two. So, a couple of weeks ago we went to the Keys to do some diving and knocking around, and I gave the AARP travel a try. The discounts were better than with AMEX! We got a killer deal on a reaaalllly nice place in Key West for less than 200 "bucks" a night! That was about 20% cheaper than anyone else. Used the same thing for the rental car. The discount was +/- the same as what I get through my Ford Partner pricing through Hertz.

So, fear not, young whippersnapper.......the end is nowhere near!

bj

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
07 SHELBY said:
Anybody seen Bold moves 5.Oldimp turned me on.It has the 2nd best color available.Traditional but traditionable doesn't win respect.It is a beautiful car and they did a great job filming.I love this car.It just begs to beat Corvettes.Ford doesn't even pay me to advertise for them.

Saw that. I'll bet dealerships love it when Sherman does a test drive!

bj

·
Registered
888 Posts
bj, what's up? Did you mount your signed visor in your Shelby? How did that go? Was it pretty simple, or a pain in the butt?

My visor has not arrived, but should be here any day now.

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oldimp said:
bj, what's up? Did you mount your signed visor in your Shelby? How did that go? Was it pretty simple, or a pain in the butt?

My visor has not arrived, but should be here any day now.
Doing great. Car has 1,000 miles on it. Threw my G-Tech in the window this morning and you're gonna like this:

TCS on.

2,700 and step off the clutch....no can do...big wheelspin.

Pedal'd it to get it to hook up and let it fly to 80mph. With wheelspin AND peddaling it the 0-60 was 4.7! Clearly it's gonna take some time to get the launch rpms/slippage to the point where I can be effective. But, I'm guessing this is a very low 4's car. The Car & Driver people must have been depressed that day. They only got mid to high 4's 0-60 with their "pros".

More to come.

Went to a Ford show yesterday. The placed my car next to two 69 GT500s.

Re the visor. It's in. It's a 2 min job. The replacement comes with the clips/inserts that the screws go in. You don't need them. They're already in the roof. Just use a Torx to remove the screws, and put the new one on. LOTS of lookers at the visor (yes, I had it down) at the car show.

bj

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey I love the visor idea! Hoping my Shelby will be in by this weekend. Re: Visor, is it the same exact part as a Mustang GT for ordering purposes? How much is a visor? Thanks!

·
Registered
888 Posts
BJ, that all sounds great to me! I hope my visor will be in soon! Good to hear from you again!

2008Shelby: The visor was right at $80 and Mr. Shelby requires a $200 donation and $15 for shipping.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks! Did you order a GT visor or a Shelby visor? Any difference in the two?

·
Registered
168 Posts
BJ, that all sounds great to me! I hope my visor will be in soon! Good to hear from you again!

2008Shelby: The visor was right at $80 and Mr. Shelby requires a $200 donation and $15 for shipping.
Where can you order the signed visor? Thanks.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Where can you order the signed visor? Thanks.
The visor can be ordered from your Ford parts department. There is no difference in the GT and GT500 visors, but I gave him info on the GT500 when I ordered. Important thing is the color!

After you get the visor, you have to send it to the Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation to get it signed. If you plug that name into Yahoo! it will take you to the site where you can down load the form and all necessary information is there. Four to six weeks turn around time.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Received my signed visor yesterday and installed it this morning! When I take it to a show, I can put the visor down and swing it around to the passenger window where it can be seen through the glass!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Received my signed visor yesterday and installed it this morning! When I take it to a show, I can put the visor down and swing it around to the passenger window where it can be seen through the glass!

Yeah, baby! That's what I'm talkin' about!

bj

1 - 20 of 38 Posts