12:30 pm - Start Devil's Backbone drive

1:30 pm - Short stop/Regather in Blanco

2:00 pm - Leave Blanco and drive to Wimberly

2:30 pm - Arrive in Wimberly for some shopping and maybe a beer

3:30 pm - Leave Wimberly for Salt Lick

4:00 pm - Arrive at Salt Lick for dinner

5:30 pm - Leave for Buda (Cabelas)

?pm Gruene Hall maybe???

If anyone wants to stay for another day there is another wonderful drive along RR 337 that we can do. Lots of motorcycles on Sundays so it might be kinda fun.

You can email me at sportscars at msn dot com for more info.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Sounds like a fun weekend!

there is another wonderful drive along RR 337 that we can do. Lots of motorcycles on Sundays so it might be kinda fun.
From what I can recall, and it has been some years, there were also LOTS of highway patrol officers on the weekend.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a fun weekend!

From what I can recall, and it has been some years, there were also LOTS of highway patrol officers on the weekend.
they normally pay more attention to the bikes. I think we are safe as long as we dont get TOO stupid!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have about 20 cars confirmed as of right now. There is plenty of room for more people. I just need to know how many people/cars to plan for. Please let me know by next Monday if you are going to make it (or think you MIGHT make it).

·
Registered
69 Posts
2 more years, and I'll be in Texas with my Shelby ... look forward to just such runs...

nice country there... Enjoy the ride :)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up to about 30 cars now.

Also there will be a car show at Cabelas on Saturday eve. We will be stopping there for a while.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can't make it this weekend, but maybe another time

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would come but....Aggie football. Im not super excited about the games but my gf and friends all like to go.

Will there be future get togethers/drives? possible on a sunday?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There will be future events. Probably 2-3 a year. Will move them around Texas so everyone has a chance to attend. I did not plan on this for Sunday because I have work at a church until 11am and many people who are coming from far away would not want to drive all day and then drive 3 or 4 hours home. Saturday lets people stay the night and drive back Sunday. In the future we can certainly look at having it on Sunday or maybe a 3 day weekend. Most of the people going are from TeamShelby.com, but I want to let ALL Shelby owners have a chance to get together. I will post info here for the next get together (hopefully someone else will organize that one!).

BTW - about 30 cars as of right now.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had 23 cars show up. Great time. Had a KR from Houston, a Supercharged Series 1, and a Supercharged Terlingua. Mark Logan from Shelby Cars NW and Nevada Classics (largest Shelby dealer in the world!) made an apperance and talked about touring Europe with our cars (think Autobahn!). We ended up at Cabelas in Buda after dinner at Salt Lick. Some very nice cars there including a GT350 convertable, a 427 Cobra, a 289 Cobra, a viper and a really cool 57 Caddy!

Cant wait until Spring!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts