Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The governor signed a bill into law that does away with red light cameras in the great state of Texas!

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,330 Posts
We had them here for years here and the City Council wouldn't renew the contract, so they're gone now.

·
Premium Member
7,981 Posts
The governor signed a bill into law that does away with red light cameras in the great state of Texas!

Probably a good idea if you would STILL STOP at the red lights, Gooseman … :)

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Missouri banned those years ago, they were deemed unconstitutional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,068 Posts
Red light camera? What's that?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Evil_E

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,330 Posts
Maybe more than you want to know. Redflex

I'm sure this is just one vendor, but they automate various intersections and position a camera and integrated sensors under the road bed to determine speeders and folks that run the red light signal. They're generally on only one direction at a given intersection and it generates a bill to you based on the fine for your violation. Most of these citations aren't reported on your license and they ding your credit report if you don't pay it. The unconstitionality claim has to do with due process, but they our city had a board that heard anyone that wanted to protest the violation. It certainly put a lot of people on their best behavior. This outfit also had speed vans that they parked along major thouroufares and mailed you a ticket if you were caught speeding along with your picture. It generated a lot of revenue, but the city got greedy and wanted a bigger cut. Plus Redflex made headlines regarding bribery of public officials in other jurisdictions. I understand they were going through an RFP, but that was three years ago and we still don't have a vendor and Redflex picked up all their equipment. Many of the radar detectors these days have downloads of these camera locations. I need to get an update for one of mine because it still thinks we have cameras.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: blackcad55
1 - 12 of 12 Posts