Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I am finally installing my chrome valve covers on my GT500. Let me tell you that it is a not an easy install. In order to get the valve cover off on the drivers side we had to take off the strut tower brace, elbow on the supercharger, the master cylinder, brake booster, unbolt the power steering tank and unbolt the A/C canister and move it back, in order to make enough room to remove the valve cover, SOB!!!! We hope that the passenger side goes a lot smoother. We should have it all together in a couple of days and I will post more pics when we are done.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Re: Teaser pic of my latest mod

get'em pollished up and lets see them!

JJ

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Sweet,looks nice.

·
Registered
643 Posts

What ever happend to the days when you went to the store and bought 2 guaskets and some sealant and 5 minutes and 8 bolts later, you have installed your new set of valve covers?:confused: :p

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

What ever happend to the days when you went to the store and bought 2 guaskets and some sealant and 5 minutes and 8 bolts later, you have installed your new set of valve covers?:confused: :p
You must be as old as oldimp.:rolleyes: :p :D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

After all that work removing stuff, can you even see your new covers? :confused:

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

After all that work removing stuff, can you even see your new covers? :confused:
Oh yeah, you will be able to see them and along with the new chrome strut tower brace, it is going to sparkle.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

Hey, I resemble that remark!
Me too.:D

Good job Elite. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

**Update**

Almost finished. Got the passenger side valve cover on, with no problem. There is a problem though, with the coil cover bolts not fitting on the new valve covers, they chromed inside the frickin threads for the coil covers, idiots, will have to tap them tomorrow. All that is left is to put the battery back in, put in new brake fluid, bleed the brakes and clutch, put on the coil covers, attach the air intake, reinstall strut tower brace, give a final check and fire it up. I will post up some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
861 Posts

can you say *BLING* *BLING*:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

**UPDATE #2** Well good news bad news, the good news is everything is back together and the car is running, and it looks awesome. The bad news is when we put the master cylinder back in the car, apparently we didn't line it up correctly and broke the housing around the master cylinder (cheap plastic parts). So tomorrow I will try and get a new master cylinder and hopefully get it together before my show on Saturday, what an mess this has turned into. Anyone who wants to do this mod, I would say take it to the dealer and let them do it, unless you are really want to spend a lot of time and energy. I will let everyone know how it turns out and post pics soon.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Here are some more pics, we are almost done, just need that new master cylinder, bleed the brakes and clutch and put back the air intake and the strut tower brace and that should do it, what a week!. Maybe I can catch a break and my new chromed strut tower brace will come in, I wish.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Very nice! And sparkley too. :D

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

Very nice. I was told by my dealer not to put chrome valve and plug covers on the engine as he had seen issues on the Ford GT, where coils were overheating, for the chrome did not dissipate the heat as well as the stock finish. I had posted that back in September of 06. Hope this is not an issue.

·
Registered
861 Posts

now you need to replace the supercharger with a shiney one! Now that would look great!

JJ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts