Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic....

Has anyone had installed the interior upgrade on their cars...offered by Team Shelby?..and if so...what sre your opinions on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
Be very careful about buying pretty caps ,,,,ie oil,coolant,power steering,,,,to replace the ugly factory ones. The ugly factory ones are vented under the cap but some of the pretty ones are vented on top. BAD,,,the vent on top allows car wash water to get into those systems.:)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Be very careful about buying pretty caps ,,,,ie oil,coolant,power steering,,,,to replace the ugly factory ones. The ugly factory ones are vented under the cap but some of the pretty ones are vented on top. BAD,,,the vent on top allows car wash water to get into those systems.:)
+1 for SURE! My Moroso Power Steeing Tank cap is vented on top. Results of that little oops were to completely flush the system, as the water turned the fluid a pepto shade of pink. The fix for it was to machine a threaed hole into the existing vent and cap it off with a 90 degree grease fitting with the internals removed. I can post pics if there is interest in the final results. Since then I have had no issues with water in my power steering.

·
Banned
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys...thanks for ythe info...but I was talking about the seat upholstery upgrade...lol...about 2K$ from Team Shelby...anyone here buy it...and are you happy with it?...pics?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I used Lethal Performance caps and have not had any problems. Plus they look great.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/ac...covers-project-321-c-2052_2053_2769_4197_7419
Those are nice, but they are basically factory caps with covers. If you didnt swap your tanks out, you shouldn't have any issues at all. I have the Shelby windshield cleaner, oil, dipstick and radiator tank caps. The other three tanks were swapped with Moroso, so the power steering and intercooler had the moroso fuel cell style cap and the moroso billet cap.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How do you upgrade from leather?
It's a two tone leather...... No, I haven't used it but looks real nice from what I could tell in the pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts