Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been another long day at Ford.Got up at 4:15am EST and got home less than an hour ago,9:00pm EST.Do you feel the way I do or am I just demented?80% of my day consisted of thinking of getting my Shelby GT 500,or will I ever get my Shelby GT 500.Do you have pdSs,that is pre delivery Shelby syndrome?Is your spouse or your significant other tired of hearing about the greatest car Ford has ever produced?Are you afraid of telling your friends about your dream car because you think that you have already talked to much about it?Do you find yourself surfing the net to try and find out more info on THE CAR?No it's not enough.Now I am selling t-shirts because I have a few and I think they are the best t-shirts and I want everybody else to have one.They are so nice I bought my wife one and I bought my boys one I bought my daughter one.I couldn't stop there so I bought my closest friends one and I bought my boss one.(I have great bosses but I only bought one boss a shirt).I hope I get my car soon.Do you know the feeling?Ok I am done,I have to work in the morning!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Brother, do I feel your pain! It is nearly all I can think about and all I want to talk about!

I know the feeling well!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well back at work so I can get my fix(look at Shelbys all day).

·
Registered
45 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Well back at work so I can get my fix(look at Shelbys all day).
Bro it's gotta be bittersweet for you. On one hand you get to look at them all day long. On the other it's gotta be hard to get em off your mind and not think about when you can get your hands on one.

Kind reminds me of going to a strip club!!!!:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
07SHELBY...I'm not sure of what you do exactly...But the info. you have been providing this site with is much appreciated:) . It's nice to know, by the time I'm able to sit down and read the daily summary of the GT500 goings on...which is usually in the evening after my busy household slows-up a bit...I look forward to the uncluttered format of this site. The other GT500 sites are becoming more saturated with hypothetical crap everyday. Thanks for keeping it real and undiluted! Now get back to work and give us the Monday update LOL!! I'm not sure what this has to do with the agony of waiting for our cars...But I'm waiting patiently and it should all come to pass before my 12 year old starts asking for the keys to the Shelby.

ShelbyWise

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I know the feeling everything your going through except I don't see them everyday. In 2004 when I started the quest to get a Cobra (04) my Ford Dealer told told me that I should wait for the new body style cobra. Well it sounded good to me so after selling my favorite toy that was paid off and I loved, (http://www.flairphoto.com/dakota.htm) I gave him a deposit in Jan 2005, thinking a SVT version of the mustang would be out in late 2005 or something. Well as we all know it is sometime this year and of course it is not called a SVT but Shelby. So I have since July of 04 when I put my truck in the paper for sale I have been thinking about this beast. In June of 06 will be 18 months that my money has been in the dealers bank. Up till Christmas I have not thought allot about it but since the time is coming close not a day goes by that I am not wondering. I am #1 on the list at my dealer, nobody was putting money down in Jan 05. His dealership has been a big seller of the GT40 they have sold around 5 of them so he is expecting his first Shelby in July or August, which means MY Shelby in July or August. I hope that I am only a couple months away, to make the time fly I have scheduled a week vacation at Myrtle Beach end of June, a business trip 2nd week of July for 4 days and end of July Cisco Training for 4 days so my goal is to be so busy that July just flys by than before we know it I am in August. Even if it is Sept I have waited this long that a couple more months won't kill me. Best advise is keep busy and try and think about something else, I stay off the boards about them except this one just so I don't get so worked up, now this will not work for Shelby07 because you work around them all the time so not sure how to help you out.....you might need to get blinders and wear at work and than a shirt that says "Don't talk to me about Shelby's" :)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't talk to me about Shelby's.Man I really like that.So would my wife.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry made a mistake.See next post.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the sheet metal paper holder next to my computer.Is there any hope for me?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No you will not be able to do that!

·
Registered
51 Posts
07 Shelby

OK.....here's the plan......just between you and me.....you can obviously smuggle parts out of the plant, so if you took a different part home every day and mailed it to me, after about 6000 shifts I would have enough parts to build my own Shelby. You might need a slightly larger lunch box. Then when we're done we could write a book and split the proceeds.......instead of a book maybe a song.....ya a song I think......

Sofa King

·
Registered
888 Posts
I sure wish they would make the refrigerator magnets in the white with blue stripes! I was able to get in on the mouse pad! Anyone esle get that?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You don't miss a lick do you?You will have to pay above MSRP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts