Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
Sounds like it was a blast! I would have loved to be there. I lived on Skyline Drive in Northern VA, close to Luray Caverns. It's so beautiful, especially in the fall. Hopefully I can make it next year.

Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Pretty SKETCHY looking bunch of coconuts, if you ask me...LOL

Glad you had a Memorable Trip.....SAFELY 馃槑
Veeerrrrrry sketchy, Mike! People saw us coming and got the hell out of the way! :ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
Veeerrrrrry sketchy, Mike! People saw us coming and got the hell out of the way! :ROFLMAO:
I was impressed how the people would pull off and let us pass. It sure made our runs much more fun.

Premium Member
Here are some views from the Tail of the Dragon event. We had a great time and met some new friends in person. My wife even got used to the spirited driving on the winding roads. @fletchffletch was a great tour guide. We drove about 650 miles in 2 days and most of it was on some very interesting roads and none of it was wandering aimlessly. I followed the tail and exhaust report of @03reptile during the runs.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Cloud
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle
Plant Branch Tree Grass Natural landscape
Plant Wheel Automotive tire Tree Biome
Plant Tree Wheel Road surface Urban design
Sky Cloud Mountain Plant community Natural landscape
Cloud Plant Sky Nature Tree
Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape Tree
Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky

#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350

Premium Member
Beautiful pictures, Michael! I was wondering when your "real camera" pictures would arrive on the forum! Great memories were stirred up! After viewing your photo's, Sharon is definitely "on board" for the next excursion!
Thanks Mike! Glad to hear she enjoyed them. Hope she is doing well.

Premium Member
2008 GT500 Coupe 2015 Jeep SRT
Mike, what tires did you run?

I need new tires, otherwise I would have been trying to keep up with you guys.

Reactions: msirach

Premium Member
2008 GT500 Coupe 2015 Jeep SRT
Also, I think you need to submit some of these photos for the calendar this year.

Premium Member
Mike, what tires did you run?

I need new tires, otherwise I would have been trying to keep up with you guys.
Nitto 555 G2. They have about 6000 miles on them now. This was the most aggressive miles on them for sure.

Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

Premium Member
How is he going to mount his Nikon camera on the hood or back deck? "I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph, oh, Mama don't take my Shelby car away!" 馃槃
HaHa. I'm a Canon guy and I have a load of lenses and equipment. I can shoot from 8mm to 1600mm, If there's a will, there is a way. lol

Premium Member
We are heading to Lynchburg, VA to visit our niece and Charlottesville, VA to visit our son this weekend. I'm seriously considering taking the Shelby. The weather forecast looks great and my wife agreed to it. I just can't stand the thought of driving my wife's Prius there. The Shelby has spoiled me.

#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
We are heading to Lynchburg, VA to visit our niece and Charlottesville, VA to visit our son this weekend. I'm seriously considering taking the Shelby. The weather forecast looks great and my wife agreed to it. I just can't stand the thought of driving my wife's Prius there. The Shelby has spoiled me.
Go for it, Michael! Life is unpredictable! No regrets!

Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
DO IT!!! And work in a side trip to the Dragon!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts