Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Raising the awareness of this adventure. Me, @03reptile and @msirach are going to spend a few days (Fri, Oct 1- Sun, Oct 3) running some NC and TN mountain roads including Tail of the Dragon. You can see the details at this thread in the South Eastern Forum.

Here’s a list of guys in the general vicinity (GA, NC, TN, SC, KY) that may be interested. I’m sure I’ve missed some guys, so please let me know and I’ll add them to the “call out” list. Of course, any member here is welcome to join us!

@67restoMod
@BLKwRD14 4
@alan0614
@Cobra4me
@mavisky
@Mikec35
@gaindian
@ihaterice
@K Brode

Reactions: msirach

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,920 Posts
After having visited the nearby area last week, (Franklin, N.C.), I can vouch that the roads in that general area are challenging and fun! The area is really scenic and I'm looking forward to enjoying the driving experiences the locations provide. So, before winter sets in for many of us, take a few days and join us all for a great time!

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,350 Posts
Many, many years ago I enjoyed it in one of my Porsches, you should have a Great time... but be careful ! There are few places going down hill with an "aggresive" turn that have the potential of being a problem for the over-confident !!!

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump it up!!!

Reactions: msirach

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only a couple of weeks out. Come join us!

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
467 Posts
T minus 10 days and counting.....

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bumping it up! Make some plans and come join me and the Mike's ( @03reptile and @msirach )!

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
866 Posts
Cool! Sounds like a worthy cause -- excellent! (y)
It is most excellent. Was a Shelby event a few years ago, or it seemed that way from the guys I knew that went. Now it's a Ford event. I'm cruising up with 2 Boss 302s, and maybe a Shelby GT. Been wanting to do this for a few years but had other things get in the way in the past.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Last call! @03reptile @msirach and I will be rolling in to Pigeon Forge tomorrow (Thursday) night and will be at the northern end of the Dragon around 9:30am Friday morning. If you're going to be in the area and would like to join us, even if it is for only part of the weekend, drop me a PM and we'll hook up.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
6,350 Posts
:oops::oops::oops::cry::cry::cry::( :(

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,372 Posts
Wish I could make it. Enjoy the drive guys.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
866 Posts
If I wasn't going to Cruise for a Cause, I'd be a little more bummed.

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
467 Posts
On COVID ISO so have to miss😥 Don't have COVID, but by the rules have to wait on the test results before I run free again
With your handle IHateRice, you wouldn't like it here. There must be a show. Belly dragging cars that sound like bumblebees with big white tilted in wheels were cruising main Street tonight.. Lol

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
866 Posts
On COVID ISO so have to miss😥 Don't have COVID, but by the rules have to wait on the test results before I run free again
If you stay in your car you're ok. And wear a mask when you're not and stay 6' away from people.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts