Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Mine are the R888Rs, didn’t think the old R888s were made anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They seem to be on correctly and look like Goodyear G2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s just the different tread design on the R888R that replaced the R888... there was a discussion here on the forum about it awhile back. Some didn’t like the change, which looks slightly odd when viewing the car from the rear.

Reactions: 'cause

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
Well you’re wrong brother, lol. Both rears have the sidewall mounted with the “outside” to the outside. I guess it’s like that to avoid a left and right tire. Aren’t the stock Goodyears on the 11s and newer the same? I thought they started using asymmetrical tread once they offered the SVTPP option.
Good catch though.
Not sure of your tire, but if they are Toyo R888Rs, Toyo changed the tread design... The Toyo R888s had tread that curved symmetrically making the left and right side tires different. The R888Rs don't have this, so the tread will bend forward on one side and aft on the other.
They seem to be on correctly and look like Goodyear G2
It’s just the different tread design on the R888R that replaced the R888... there was a discussion here on the forum about it awhile back. Some didn’t like the change, which looks slightly odd when viewing the car from the rear.
Sorry, it just looked a bit out of place to me. I must have missed a previous post regarding these tires.
Like I had said, 'I could be mistaken...' but, to an anal observer such as me it did look peculiar.
I really wasn't trying to be an ass, if I was, it would read something like this;
...'HEY dummy, what the f*** is wrong with you, your stinking damn tires look really retarded.'... :nerd::surprise::nerd:
So all is good, and now we can all sleep well at night !!!! :wink:
See... in the END it all came out good. ( so... happy driving with your weird tires )

:grin:

EDIT: just wanted to use the MULTI-QUOTE

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Sorry, it just looked a bit out of place to me. I must have missed a previous post regarding these tires.
Like I had said, 'I could be mistaken...' but, to an anal observer such as me it did look peculiar.
I really wasn't trying to be an ass, if I was, it would read something like this;
...'HEY dummy, what the f*** is wrong with you, your stinking damn tires look really retarded.'... :nerd::surprise::nerd:
So all is good, and now we can all sleep well at night !!!! :wink:
See... in the END it all came out good. ( so... happy driving with your weird tires )

:grin:

EDIT: just wanted to use the MULTI-QUOTE

I know you weren’t being an ass, I said the same thing on here when a member got these after they first came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 'cause

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
I know you weren’t being an ass, I said the same thing on here when a member got these after they first came out.
WHOW... OMG... I stayed up all night worring about if I had stepped over a line for no good reason! So, it's all good?
Can we sit down together at SF like decent humans and have Pancakes together without a bunch of name calling and flapjacks flying at each other? I hate it when that happens; sticky maple syrup all over everything, butter stains left forever as a badge of shame on shirts, and the worst of all... the heaven forbid waste of good Pancakes!
You are showing up at SF, aren't you? If not "WE" all will talk about you and your weird tires the enTIRE time we are there!

:wink:

(now i can relax and take a nap, what a long night it was)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It’s “Tail End Tuesday” again!

·
Registered
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,741 Posts
@Carsten89
I could be wrong, but looking at your 'rear-end' shot, it looks like one or the other the rear tires may not be mounted for the correct rotation?
You may want to look at that, like I said, I could be wrong, but the Tread Patterns don't look right.

Ken
RLTW
Sua Sponte
It does look a little strange.

Original

untitled1.jpg

Mirror Image

untitled3.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Cool pics/vids of cool cars @JTB! That rear spoiler on the Fox looks like an airbrake. I’d think it would need more rake to make good downforce without adding a ton of drag.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It’s Tail-end Tuesday! Let’s see those backsides! Use the rectangle icon in your reply window to upload a shot directly to the forum!

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,936 Posts
Happy Tuesday:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It’s “Tail End Tuesday!”

·