Discussion Starter #182
Let’s see those backsides!

The making of a 2020 GT500:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Tail End Tuesday! Let’s see whatcha got!

The red finned one from 2000:

·
Registered
2010 GT500, Kona Blue/White Stripes
310 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Tail End Tuesday! Let’s see those sexy backsides!

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
2020 GT500 Twister Orange
205 Posts
You asked so here you go...

on the plus side, this was at the dealership too...

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Reactions: GT5HNDO

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
@GT5HNDO

I hope that isn't 'Surprise Ford' down off the 303 !!!!

(looks like it might be)
lol, nope, Chapman Ford off the 101, not to say that's any better but I've had fairly good luck with their service department so far. The sales side of the dealer is a whole other story, complete shit show, will never buy a vehicle from them again.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
View attachment 203631

Mine 'on the trailer' pic. on it's Return trip!!!

GooD !

My story RE; "Surprise Ford"
Not too long after I bought it, from an individual with only 1,526 miles. I thought it might be a good idea to take it in for a check and service, all fluids changed and a complete check of the mechanicals. So I took it in on around noonish for a 'scheduled' service and was to pick it back up the following morning at 09:00.
I got there a little early the next morning and thought I would just look around for a little while. So about a Quarter till I went to go get my car... I was told it wasn't back yet... Of course I fire back, "where the hell is it"... The service rep says it was taken for a quick test drive, 45 minutes later it is not back and I'm getting a little more than just unhappy. About ten minutes later I see it being brought in as in the Picture above. Now I'm more than a little unhappy, and really question the Tow driver and the Damn Rep... I was told it broke down on the Highway. I ask the Tow guy where. He responds about nine miles west of the 303 on I-10. Now I am in full on anger, me in full on anger is not pretty !
They get it into a bay with me about two feet behind it, all I can do is smell gas, a strong stink of gas. The hood is opened and it smells like ten gallons of gas all over it. Then I check the mileage, that is when I blew up, the car has been driven 63 MILES !!!! I was yelling and screaming at the Rep like he was some Bastard Red Headed Step Child... They try to calm me down, it didn't work too well, all kinds of promises were made, about four techs were under the hood to fix it... about an hour later I was told by the Service Manager that two injectors had came out and were spraying under the hood. Again I let them know what I thought about them. They said it would be fixed and ready in 20 minutes or so. It was. Then I got in the car and the smell of gas was overpowering, opened the hood and Insulation blanket was partially hanging and damp from gas... Once more I raged at them in front of about seven other customers!!! There answer was to take the hood insulation off, toss it and 'rinse' off the engine bay.
After another hour or so of me telling them what I thought about them, their Mothers and all of their family's, The Dealership owner came out. We, the two Service Reps, two techs, the Owner and I were in his office. It ended with one tech being fired on the spot and the first Service Rep ! He (the Dealership Owner) said he would have the car completely detailed to my satisfaction at any shop I wanted to take it to. They were also to replace the insulation blanket. It took three days of complete cleaning and detailing. The insulation was sent to me nearly two weeks later along with new hood struts as one was broken as they opened the hood too far trying to fix the injectors.
Do Need To Say It... I hate those people and that was THE ONE and ONLY time at the "DEAKERSHIP"...

I know damn well someone took the car home that night and drove it.

F#(% Surprise Ford !!!!

Great, now I am all Pissed-Off again !!!!!
You win for worst Ford service experience!!! Holly crap! I would have probably been taken away in handcuffs if that happened to me.

Note to self, never take car to "Surprise - We Nearly Burned Your GT500 to the Ground - Ford".

Reactions: 'cause

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
View attachment 203631

Mine 'on the trailer' pic. on it's Return trip!!!

GooD !

My story RE; "Surprise Ford"
Not too long after I bought it, from an individual with only 1,526 miles. I thought it might be a good idea to take it in for a check and service, all fluids changed and a complete check of the mechanicals. So I took it in on around noonish for a 'scheduled' service and was to pick it back up the following morning at 09:00.
I got there a little early the next morning and thought I would just look around for a little while. So about a Quarter till I went to go get my car... I was told it wasn't back yet... Of course I fire back, "where the hell is it"... The service rep says it was taken for a quick test drive, 45 minutes later it is not back and I'm getting a little more than just unhappy. About ten minutes later I see it being brought in as in the Picture above. Now I'm more than a little unhappy, and really question the Tow driver and the Damn Rep... I was told it broke down on the Highway. I ask the Tow guy where. He responds about nine miles west of the 303 on I-10. Now I am in full on anger, me in full on anger is not pretty !
They get it into a bay with me about two feet behind it, all I can do is smell gas, a strong stink of gas. The hood is opened and it smells like ten gallons of gas all over it. Then I check the mileage, that is when I blew up, the car has been driven 63 MILES !!!! I was yelling and screaming at the Rep like he was some Bastard Red Headed Step Child... They try to calm me down, it didn't work too well, all kinds of promises were made, about four techs were under the hood to fix it... about an hour later I was told by the Service Manager that two injectors had came out and were spraying under the hood. Again I let them know what I thought about them. They said it would be fixed and ready in 20 minutes or so. It was. Then I got in the car and the smell of gas was overpowering, opened the hood and Insulation blanket was partially hanging and damp from gas... Once more I raged at them in front of about seven other customers!!! There answer was to take the hood insulation off, toss it and 'rinse' off the engine bay.
After another hour or so of me telling them what I thought about them, their Mothers and all of their family's, The Dealership owner came out. We, the two Service Reps, two techs, the Owner and I were in his office. It ended with one tech being fired on the spot and the first Service Rep ! He (the Dealership Owner) said he would have the car completely detailed to my satisfaction at any shop I wanted to take it to. They were also to replace the insulation blanket. It took three days of complete cleaning and detailing. The insulation was sent to me nearly two weeks later along with new hood struts as one was broken as they opened the hood too far trying to fix the injectors.
Do Need To Say It... I hate those people and that was THE ONE and ONLY time at the "DEALERSHIP"...

I know damn well someone took the car home that night and drove it.

About a week later I received a letter from the Dealership. It said the total "repair and Cleaning" was $3,228 and they were paying the entire amount. Also they would provide a year of oil/filter changes...

F#(% Surprise Ford !!!!

Great, now I am all Pissed-Off again !!!!!
WOW Ken! 😧

This is exactly why my Mustangs are never at the dealer for service without me watching over them.

Reactions: 'cause and GT5HNDO

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
WOW Ken! 😧

This is exactly why my Mustangs are never at the dealer for service without me watching over them.
And when you can't physically be at the dealer the entire time the car is, the Ford Pass app comes in handy to keep an eye on it. Gives you updated odometer, fuel level, and even GPS location info. If some MF'er tries taking my car home at night me and my 9mm will be providing the wake up call.

Reactions: 'cause
181 - 200 of 237 Posts