Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a video recently showing 3 different shops that I hit for tire changes on CF wheels. There was one small shop near me that turned out to be the best of the 3. I went back to them to change tires prepping for upcoming track days and their machine was broken. I hollered at my buddy Billy Swinford across town, who owns a shop… he also has CF wheels on his GT500 and has used his machine to swap tires on his own stuff. He took me in today and made it happen… all 4 CF wheels survived and have fresh rubber. For anyone in the DFW area, I highly recommend him at Lonestar Elite Automotive!

Footwear Tire Land vehicle Wheel Shoe
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Crankset Vehicle brake
Motor vehicle Grass Font Plant Shade
Automotive tire Tire Line Publication Font
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Shoe Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Tire Footwear Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to get your own machine?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't it be easier to get your own machine?
Yes it would be. These machines are tens of thousands. It would take a long, long time to break even on money spent. Plus it takes space in the garage.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Yes it would be. These machines are tens of thousands. It would take a long, long time to break even on money spent. Plus it takes space in the garage.
Plenty of room in that garage. And what's a couple more bucks for everything you've got in there.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plenty of room in that garage. And what's a couple more bucks for everything you've got in there.
The garage is maxed out in its current configuration. As a matter of fact, the 95 has been living in the house garage so I have an open spot for easier access to my lift. The oldest son graduates from college this spring and then I'll put my garage expansion plan on the radar.

The next big expense is not a tire machine though... it's a new vehicle for the wife, which will happen in 2022.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
5,741 Posts
Man, I don't know if I could handle the stress of watching that tire change! There is definitely a pucker factor there.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My machine was $38k the balancer another $17k last year. They are now $43k this year
I could pay cash, but my oldest son would have to drop out of college! Decisions, decisions… 🤔

Reactions: dfwspeed
1 - 8 of 8 Posts