Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the specs for the 2010 - 2012 SVTPP Suspension? I searched and didn't find much. I need to know the sizes of the front and rear sway bars for SVTPP equipped vehicles. Everything I've seen says 34mm, but 34mm is stock size on all GT500s. I'm pretty sure the 2011-2012 SVTPP sway bars are bigger but can't find any definite info. Thanks and have a great day!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is correct, thanks Goose17!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone have the specs for the 2010 - 2012 SVTPP Suspension? I searched and didn't find much. I need to know the sizes of the front and rear sway bars for SVTPP equipped vehicles. Everything I've seen says 34mm, but 34mm is stock size on all GT500s. I'm pretty sure the 2011-2012 SVTPP sway bars are bigger but can't find any definite info. Thanks and have a great day!
I think the SVTPP front bars are the same as the non-PP bar at 33.2 mm and the rear bar is 24 mm for the PP and 23mm for the standard car. The spring rates are different for the PP car, the ride height is a bit lower and the shocks are tuned differently.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the SVTPP front bars are the same as the non-PP bar at 33.2 mm and the rear bar is 24 mm for the PP and 23mm for the standard car. The spring rates are different for the PP car, the ride height is a bit lower and the shocks are tuned differently.
Ok...thanks.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Cpcycles is correct on bar sizes, but verts have smaller rear bars. 20% stiffer on the front spring on coupes, 10% on rears and the fronts on verts between PP and standard. 2010 did not have a performance package. Verts have much lower spring rates than coupes. These specs can be found in the GT500 specific owners manual. Spring rates are in N/mm. PP coupes have spring rates of 234 lb/in and 197 lb/in front/rear, respectively. PP verts, by comparison, have spring rates of 194 lb/in and 180 lb/in front/rear, respectively. This is the published data for a 2012. I'd be surprised if 2011 is different.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, just what I was looking for! I'll try and find a digital manual to download for all the SVTPP specs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts