Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new friend, ginson3, wanted to start a thread on these and forum rules were stopping him, so I am starting this for him. He has this set and I turn the discussion over to him!

I would like to see pictures myself!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
What forum rules stopped him?

I have seen these pieces in the Ford parts system since last July, but they show no part number to order last I checked. I notice EVO carries them and wonder how they get them if I can't even get them through an authorized parts distributor??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank you oldimp, was wondering if anyone else had done the install on the lighted door sills. I wish they were blue instead of red, looks like they are just std. 5mm LED bulbs, so I have ordered some blue ones thinking they will be easy to convert. Looks like they are available in any of the colors used in the ambient lights, so I guess you could go with any of those colors, me I like the Ford blue. you can view these here, and they look really nice in person.

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/body-lighting-c-249_300.html

JR

·
Registered
67 Posts
These guys seem to be a be a little less on everything I have wanted from Ford Racing, and are great to deal with.

·
Registered
67 Posts
BTW, i ahe a set of Shelby GT500 sill plates that came with the dash plaque that I won't be needing if anyone is interested, I will let them go right. I just got this back from the framer and thought it turned out really good, let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It's funny how many people have not put on the Shelby sill plates, I didn't either.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, i ahe a set of Shelby GT500 sill plates that came with the dash plaque that I won't be needing if anyone is interested, I will let them go right. I just got this back from the framer and thought it turned out really good, let me know what you think.
I think that looks great! Mr. Shelby also signed my sticker recently (Thanks, Fred!) and I want to get it framed with white and blue matting and maybe an aluminum or brushed metal looking frame! I hope to go out tomorrow and check with the framing shop!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

I concur with Oldimp.I think it looks nice.You're welcome Ron;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
These guys seem to be a be a little less on everything I have wanted from Ford Racing, and are great to deal with.
I deal with Mark from there, he's been very pleasant always to me. Anyone who hasn't taken the sills off get the blow dryer ready again, after you do your letters:D They are held in place same way. I heated them up and well I used a real thin teflon pancake flipper to pry around the corners and raise them up w/o bending the originals. Of course I got yelled at when she got home for using her cooking stuff on the car.:D :D but any thin plastic tool or such would work. I wouldn't use a screw driver if you want to keep the stock plates w/o damaging them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts