Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called SVT today.They said they will start taking orders for the 2007 Shelby GT 500 certificates in a couple of weeks.They just got done compiling the info.1-800-FORD-SVT.:D

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Called SVT today.They said they will start taking orders for the 2007 Shelby GT 500 certificates in a couple of weeks.They just got done compiling the info.1-800-FORD-SVT.:D
Thanks Fred. Did you get my PM?:confused:

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
What "orders" are you referring to? With my last Cobra purchase SVT simply mailed the certificates to the original owners. We did not have to ask or order anything.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What "orders" are you referring to? With my last Cobra purchase SVT simply mailed the certificates to the original owners. We did not have to ask or order anything.

Last I new they were $40.00.:(

·
Registered
69 Posts
WOW! Even for the first one? I thought that was the "replacement" or "2nd Owner" fee....$48K for a car and I can't get a free certificate?

·
Registered
373 Posts
ya... that's rediculous

·
Registered
861 Posts
I thought SVT automaticly mailed them out to us! I asked the dealer and he didn't know how it worked for sure but thought if I was going to get something it would be mailed directly to me from SVT, and that he didn't have anything to give me!

·
Registered
300 Posts
SVT has never charged the original purchaser for the certificate before. Now they are going to as for $40 for a piece of paper with the vin number on it? Are you sure? Why would they change this policy after so many years. Just to P!$$ off thier existing customers? Does not make sense.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SVT has never charged the original purchaser for the certificate before. Now they are going to as for $40 for a piece of paper with the vin number on it? Are you sure? Why would they change this policy after so many years. Just to P!$$ off thier existing customers? Does not make sense.

I gave you the phone # in the 1st post.Instead of everyone posting here call them.I am just letting you know what I know.They are not sure what they are going to charge for sure,but they are going to charge.

...................................1-800-FORD-SVT....................................

·
Registered
301 Posts
I gave you the phone # in the 1st post.Instead of everyone posting here call them.I am just letting you know what I know.They are not sure what they are going to charge for sure,but they are going to charge.

...................................1-800-FORD-SVT....................................
Thanks Fred. I will be glad to have it!!!

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks Fred, not trying to shoot the messenger....just frustrated that we are being charged. Thanks for the info as always!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Fred, not trying to shoot the messenger....just frustrated that we are being charged. Thanks for the info as always!!
No problem.If everyone complains to them maybe they will change their mind.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
No problem.If everyone complains to them maybe they will change their mind.
You could hope!!!!! But still worth having.......... :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
I just got off the phone with one of the SVT guys and he said that they are getting close. They have the numbers figured out, but now they are making sure that all the information on the certificates will not give them legal heart aches and such. He told me possibly within the next couple of weeks.

He took down my phone # and said that he would get back with me when they were ready. He did not have the compiled numbers to quote from.

Cost? $50 was his best guess.

He explained that this certificate is completely revamped from earlier ones and that profits from these certificates had been considered when creating the original budget for the GT500s.

It was a good conversation. You should give them a call!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just got off the phone with one of the SVT guys and he said that they are getting close. They have the numbers figured out, but now they are making sure that all the information on the certificates will not give them legal heart aches and such. He told me possibly within the next couple of weeks.

He took down my phone # and said that he would get back with me when they were ready. He did not have the compiled numbers to quote from.

He explained that this certificate is completely revamped from earlier ones and that profits from these certificates had been considered when creating the original budget for the GT500s.

What,they are going to charge(lol)?Are you sure(lol)?1st free then $40 then $50 maybe $60(lol).Can you believe this?(lol)Sorry Lemonhead,couldn't help myself.Thanks for the info.I'll give them a call:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Lemonhead???lol :confused: :D :D

Must be a inside thing.:)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

Hey Ron,

It's all about prifits huh?????????????????:mad: :( :eek: :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hey Ron,

It's all about prifits huh?????????????????:mad: :( :eek: :D
I guess so, Joe! We have to give SVT enough fuel to make it to the next project! 7.9k on mine and I have no hope of catching you! But I will try!

1 - 20 of 180 Posts