Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First post here. Great site with lots of information.

Recently after a hard launch (can help that once in a while), it now feels like the rear driver's side suspension is soft and loose and all over when ever I hit a bump in the road (especially on a corner). I didn't hear anything snap or break and having looked I don't see anything broken or out of place. I did notice that the rear suspension is not centered (the driver's side wheel sticks out a little while the passenger side does not (maybe 1/2 inch difference or so). I also noticed that the rear driver's side sits higher (the left fender is about 3/4 inch higher then the right side). Don't know if either the un-centered or higher side was pre-existing before the problems started. Everything is stock.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Thanks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Stock I believe all of our cars are off-center from 1/4"-1/2". I haven't heard from a height difference from side-to-side though. :simmadown:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hi all. First post here. Great site with lots of information.

Recently after a hard launch (can help that once in a while), it now feels like the rear driver's side suspension is soft and loose and all over when ever I hit a bump in the road (especially on a corner). I didn't hear anything snap or break and having looked I don't see anything broken or out of place. I did notice that the rear suspension is not centered (the driver's side wheel sticks out a little while the passenger side does not (maybe 1/2 inch difference or so). I also noticed that the rear driver's side sits higher (the left fender is about 3/4 inch higher then the right side). Don't know if either the un-centered or higher side was pre-existing before the problems started. Everything is stock.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be? Thanks.
Off center is normal, but not different height. Bad shock maybe? I'd take it into your dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts