Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest editoin of 5.0 magazine mentions a suspension upgrade for the GT500 for Job 2. It also mentions Mustangs mid model year can get DVD Navigation and IPod hookups.

Anyone else heard about this?

When does Job 2 begin?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The latest editoin of 5.0 magazine mentions a suspension upgrade for the GT500 for Job 2. It also mentions Mustangs mid model year can get DVD Navigation and IPod hookups.

When does Job 2 begin?
I have heard this also.The Shelby already has an audio input in the center console for an Ipod.Mr.Prez.(no disrespect)but you can't get job1 and now you are worried about job2?Ouch:confused:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard this also.The Shelby already has an audio input in the center console for an Ipod.Mr.Prez.(no disrespect)but you can't get job1 and now you are worried about job2?Ouch:confused:
07, I was just curious if Job2 was on a set schedule (e.g. Job 2 starts on Dec 1). I've seen several people ask about it on other boards, and since you seem to have a ton of great info, I though I'd pose the question.

Yeah, it would be nice to know if my Shelby will have an upgraded suspension, but I don't really care either way.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
07, I was just curious if Job2 was on a set schedule (e.g. Job 2 starts on Dec 1). I've seen several people ask about it on other boards, and since you seem to have a ton of great info, I though I'd pose the question.

Yeah, it would be nice to know if my Shelby will have an upgraded suspension, but I don't really care either way.

Let me find out for sure the dates and upgrades and I will get back with you Sir!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me find out for sure the dates and upgrades and I will get back with you Sir!
Thanks, 07. You are da man!

I don't know what I'd do without all your great info (and your calming reassurance). I'd probably be camped out in a clock tower with a deer rifle. :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Thanks, 07. You are da man!

I don't know what I'd do without all your great info (and your calming reassurance). I'd probably be camped out in a clock tower with a deer rifle. :D

Please don't talk like that.Today is Black Friday at Ford.They announced they are going to get rid of 35% of the white collar people by the 1st quarter of (you guessed it)........07 and somewhere in the neighborhood of 35,000 to 40,000 blue collar by the end of 08.Welcome to the Way Forward program.Watch the news today.Now I have to invest in a flack jacket.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, man. That was a insensitive of me. It's got to be tense around Ford right now. Hang in there, 07.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

When does Job 2 begin?
I don't think there is a suspension upgrade but that could change.So far there seems to be a DVD Navigation in 2008 and from what I have always seen we switch model year at shutdown which starts the 1st week of July.That way any changes that need to be done can be done during shutdown.If it started at the end of the year we would not be able to build all the .......07...... Shelbys.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
There is also speculation of a merger between Ford & guess Who? GM!

·
Registered
213 Posts
It would be a lot cooler if they had the DVD NAvigation setup for the 2007's, they should be available aftermarket and "slide" slide right in though shouldnt they? Maybe by then i can get the other half of my Shaker 500.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
And to have lighted mirrors, and a homelink system. Those items would have costed nothing in the big picture. I guess basically I want it all including the 500 HP. Steeda has suspension parts for the shelby that will help it launch at the drag strip, but for the corning issue not sure but if anyone would have the parts it would be Steeda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts