Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options to soften the suspension on my 2012 GT500 (non-SVT PP car)?

Unfortunately, I am not too happy with the ride coming from a 2015 Mustang GT PP. When I bought the Shelby, I did not test drive. I bought from out of state and had shipped.

I definitely enjoy the looks of the car but not the ride.
I have been considering going back to a 5.0 with Magneride which I have driven and really like the ride.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,713 Posts
I have the Steeda coilovers and can make it ride like a Cadillac or a Civic with chopped springs. I think just a set of adjustable shocks would get you where you want to be.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
I put my car on Koni sports with the PP springs and it improved the ride quite a bit. The spring rates are performance oriented, but certainly not heavy. The PP shock valving is the culprit in my opinion. The non-PP cars do have lower spring rates if you did want to go that route without lowering. The PP cars do have a slightly lower ride height.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,759 Posts
What are my options to soften the suspension on my 2012 GT500 (non-SVT PP car)?

Unfortunately, I am not too happy with the ride coming from a 2015 Mustang GT PP. When I bought the Shelby, I did not test drive. I bought from out of state and had shipped.

I definitely enjoy the looks of the car but not the ride.
I have been considering going back to a 5.0 with Magneride which I have driven and really like the ride.

Thank you
Since you came from an IRS car, you’ll have to accept the fact that the SRA 07-14 GT500 rides kind of like a truck. I notice a huge difference between my IRS Mustangs (3 of them) and my SRA Mustangs (the rest). Once you accept the fact that the ride is not as compliant, simply add horsepower and enjoy the heck out of your Shelby.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. Some things to think about. I honestly don’t use the power it has now. Lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,759 Posts
Thank you. Some things to think about. I honestly don’t use the power it has now. Lol
Don’t rule out a 2015+ GT350, or a 2020 GT500 if your are feeling nutty. Otherwise just enjoy the car for what it is... a blunt force instrument of fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts