Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With much admiration I have decided to make my own mods and create my own little monster. So, she goes to the body shop on the 21.....and I'll pick her up in two weeks. Cervinis side and quarter window scoops will be added (thanks to a new forum friend with a particular black car with the same goodies!). The mirrors will be stripped and painted. But the fun part is the hood being replaced. A 1968-type, dual snorkel, twin rear extractor hood with routed cold air to the JLT. I'm having the trailing edge of the hood reinforced so I can keep my Steeda hood props. Then, the crowning touch will be the twist and turn hood locks (like on the 1968 + and the KR).

I can't freakin' wait!!!!!

Pix in a few weeks, kids.

bj

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would love to have it but not for 30k, will do scoops, quarter windows and not sure what type of hood. Love to see how yours comes out.:)

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I too have decided against the SS and am in the process of doing my own mods as well. The hood sounds awesome. Can't wait for the pixs.

Cal

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sounds awesome, bj. Can't wait to see her!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
With much admiration I have decided to make my own mods and create my own little monster. So, she goes to the body shop on the 21.....and I'll pick her up in two weeks. Cervinis side and quarter window scoops will be added (thanks to a new forum friend with a particular black car with the same goodies!). The mirrors will be stripped and painted. But the fun part is the hood being replaced. A 1968-type, dual snorkel, twin rear extractor hood with routed cold air to the JLT. I'm having the trailing edge of the hood reinforced so I can keep my Steeda hood props. Then, the crowning touch will be the twist and turn hood locks (like on the 1968 + and the KR).

bj

bj,
How come you get all the nice stuff?;) I want a hood too.Can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts

+1

I was going to either do the SS or 40th. Once I found out I had to have Silver or flat black stripes I changed my mind. I prefer the more classic look. I am going to add some simple mods myself. Alcoa wheels, scoops, CAI, I am also considering the SS hood and then putting the white stripes on it with Shelby lettering on the hood?

CW

bj

·
Registered
164 Posts

bj
bj, sounds so good I can't hardly wait. Keep us posted. Its contagious!!

ILLEGAL

·
Registered
170 Posts
The more that drop out the more mine will be rarer. 725 hp + supersnake,19 miles in an air circulated car capsule. LOVE IT! Went to a car show in Tulsa Oklahoma where Chip Foose showed up in a helicopter. Not 1 GT500 let alone a Supersnake. When done I will take it to car shows in an enclosed car hauler. It will be Rare indeed. Sorry to hear you members balking at the price of admission. To each their own. GGBIW:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea that's to bad for some of us. Were just enjoying driving our cars in such beautiful weather like this (what this car was intended for) that money just can't buy!:p

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
What I would like to know is where your getting hood ? I have a body shop that I do all there computer work for so prep / paint / install is free just need to purchase a hood. I really like the one on the KR was holding off to see if someone is going to release that hood or not, or maybe be able to purchase from the body shop at his cost. Anyone having info please post up :D

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I would like to know is where your getting hood ? I have a body shop that I do all there computer work for so prep / paint / install is free just need to purchase a hood. I really like the one on the KR was holding off to see if someone is going to release that hood or not, or maybe be able to purchase from the body shop at his cost. Anyone having info please post up :D

This one is taller than the Shelby piece....is designed (roughly) on the '68 GT500 and uses NACA ducts rather than slotted louvers on the trailing edge for extractors.

This guy wanted to use mine for the proto but I couldn't get it there. I'd have got the hood for $500 if I'd done it. Now it's $850 and $450 for paint and stripes. The scoops work and are ducted to the filter. The NACA extractors look HOT. I'm having him install "push in & twist" hood locks like the '68+ Shelbys and the '71+ Mustang Mach 1s.

http://www.profinish-proglass.com/

Tell Terry that BJ sent you.

bj

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
This one is taller than the Shelby piece....is designed (roughly) on the '68 GT500 and uses NACA ducts rather than slotted louvers on the trailing edge for extractors.

This guy wanted to use mine for the proto but I couldn't get it there. I'd have got the hood for $500 if I'd done it. Now it's $850 and $450 for paint and stripes. The scoops work and are ducted to the filter. The NACA extractors look HOT. I'm having him install "push in & twist" hood locks like the '68+ Shelbys and the '71+ Mustang Mach 1s.

http://www.profinish-proglass.com/

Tell Terry that BJ sent you.

bj

I did tell him you sent me but am waiting for your car to get done.:D I want to know how you like it and would really like some pictures ole buddy.:D I talked to him yesterday for about 1/2 an hour.:D :D

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did tell him you sent me but am waiting for your car to get done.:D I want to know how you like it and would really like some pictures ole buddy.:D I talked to him yesterday for about 1/2 an hour.:D :D

I'll get it back when I return from MX. Dropping it off this Sat. Then we leave for a week of SCUBA . Back on the 4th and hope to pick it up on the 5th. You can always drive down and meet us ;)

Looking particularly forward to seeing the hood locks. The NACA ducts run about 1/3 of the way up the snorkels from the trailing edge.

I'll be your infantry and go in first, boss.

bj

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I'll get it back when I return from MX. Dropping it off this Sat. Then we leave for a week of SCUBA . Back on the 4th and hope to pick it up on the 5th. You can always drive down and meet us ;)

Looking particularly forward to seeing the hood locks. The NACA ducts run about 1/3 of the way up the snorkels from the trailing edge.

I'll be your infantry and go in first, boss.

bj

Now that's an option.I might just do that.Let me know when you go for sure and Sheryl and I might just meet you.:D

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Thanks for the info, I am going to call him on Monday but also want to wait to see the pictures. I was hoping that the KR hood would be for sale from Shelby Auto, but I like the looks of the hood your getting. Can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not to step on Bj's toes (VNMOUS1) but I met up with him at Pro Glass this Saturday since it's only 25 minutes from my house. Spoke with Terry of Pro Finish PRO Glass and he told me about a 67 style hood that he has done that he would like to put on my car. I'm going to have to drive back up there to talk to him in person and see how it would look. Plus it will give me the opportunity to check up on VNMOUS1.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not to step on Bj's toes (VNMOUS1) but I met up with him at Pro Glass this Saturday since it's only 25 minutes from my house. Spoke with Terry of Pro Finish PRO Glass and he told me about a 67 style hood that he has done that he would like to put on my car. I'm going to have to drive back up there to talk to him in person and see how it would look. Plus it will give me the opportunity to check up on VNMOUS1.

OUCH! My toes!!

Great to see you (sorry about the time-change wait). We're WAY excited to see it finished...especially with your side and quarter window scoops to top off the hood! "Christine" (Shelby's pet name since she managed to get pelted with a rock in her first month and she came roaring back with a BAD attitude)
will look evil, wicked, mean and nasty (with any luck).

By the way, the quarter window scoops on your car look really cool when following you.

Later-

I have to go put an ice pack on my senior citizen butt after 8 hours on the Goldwing today!

bj

1 - 19 of 19 Posts