Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. I have a 07 Vert. Loking to upgrade with a new SC and would like to know which one to purchase between TVS, 2.9 Whipple, and KB 2.8L.

I like the numbers produced by the KB stage-3; however, have read that some people have had engine damage and/or seal leaks?

My goal is to produce about 700RWHP and still keep the car "streetable"

My list of potential upgrades are as follows:
1. Evo Ultimate lowering suspension package
2. Tokico D-Spec Shocks and Struts Kit
3. 3.5" Single piece drive shaft with safety loops
4. Long tube headers with high flow cats, etc.
5. Dual pass heat exchanger
6. Supercharger Upgrade

Since the SC is the most expensive I would like some advice from those that have already modified their cars.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
opinions vary on this. much research and what you ultimately want is key. I have the 2.3TVS package from Evo, and love it. Many others do as well. Not one issue. Just reached 711hp on Evo's dyno, and probably a bit more on a dynojet. It's very street driveable, even with the monoblade TB.
Personally, if you choose the Whipple, wait till there's more actual operating data out. Good luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A couple of thoughts:

Hold off on the headers until you get the TSB done....I am going to be going through that pain shortly....

There is a lot of info here on the various options; I decided to go with the 2.9 Whipple but I don't think there is a "bad" option out there from any of the SC choices. I was deciding between the TVS, the KB and the 2.9 Whipple; my personal preference was to go with a screw type for efficiency rather than the twisted rotor but people have had good results with the TVS. Some people reported seal failures on the KBs but I believe that issue is resolved. The posts you read about engine failures with KB were tune based and caused by leaning out the engine not a hardware problem with the blower.

If you go KB be prepared for more maintenance; nothing earth shattering but the SC oil change interval is 10k miles on a KB vs 100k miles on all the others. When I asked KB why their interval was only 10% of everyone else out there they gave me a lame answer so not sure what the implications are of running it longer but we will probably find out from posts on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts