Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been too long for me to remember what tool I used to remove the 3" pulley and install the 2.59" pulley. I'm swapping it back to test if it's the major cause of my overheating issues at the road course.

I see VMP has a special tool for this now but I don't want to spend $150 for it.

What does everyone use for this?

thanks,

meterman

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I think everyone uses the special VMP tool lol.
I have one but I'm going to be doing a supercharger and pulley swap this coming weekend. If you can wait until next week I'll gladly send mine out to you on loan. PM me your phone number if your interested.
Russ

·
Registered
2019 GT350
606 Posts
I bought the VMP tool when I did mine. It really is the best option to swap the pulleys without damaging them.

I still have mine and would be willing to part with it for less than the cost from VMP. PM me and maybe we can work something out.
It's been too long for me to remember what tool I used to remove the 3" pulley and install the 2.59" pulley. I'm swapping it back to test if it's the major cause of my overheating issues at the road course.

I see VMP has a special tool for this now but I don't want to spend $150 for it.

What does everyone use for this?

thanks,

meterman
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one but I'm going to be doing a supercharger and pulley swap this coming weekend. If you can wait until next week I'll gladly send mine out to you on loan. PM me your phone number if your interested.
Russ
Thanks Russ, I will PM you. I need to get it done Labor day weekend if possible.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the VMP tool when I did mine. It really is the best option to swap the pulleys without damaging them.

I still have mine and would be willing to part with it for less than the cost from VMP. PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks someone offered to loan me theirs.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,153 Posts
Meterman, the VMP tool is the only tool I know of that won't destroy your pulley. A better options would be to install the VMP hub and just bolt on pulley changes from here on out.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meterman, the VMP tool is the only tool I know of that won't destroy your pulley. A better options would be to install the VMP hub and just bolt on pulley changes from here on out.
Thanks Catmonkey, I had an offer to borrow one from another forum member so he’s loaning me his.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, you'll still need a puller, but I'm talking about installing this hub, so you can use the bolt on pulleys.
yeah, I saw that on the VMP site, but for what I'm trying to do the VMP pulley puller will do just fine. If putting the 3" pulley back on solved my heating issues then a VMP 2.3L with a 2.82 pulley is in my future.

thanks for the solution, who knows I might go that route on the new S/C.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,153 Posts
thanks for the solution, who knows I might go that route on the new S/C.
It's pretty much standard fare on new blowers and easily adapts to OEM blowers with pressed on pulleys. My first Gen I TVS had the bolt on hub. Makes pulley swaps relatively easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Russ
Do you still have the removal tool I need one too do u want to sell it to me lmk thanks have a good day

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,838 Posts
Do you still have the removal tool I need one too do u want to sell it to me lmk thanks have a good day
The member you quoted hasn’t been here in a couple years. Please start a new thread versus reviving old ones. This one is now closed due to age. If you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your ride, you’ll find our new member area here:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.