Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2010 Shelby GT 500 4 days ago. Would somebody tell me what the boost guage should be reading under normal driving conditions? My guage does not move. Is this normal? The owners manuel recommends not driving the car hard until after 50 starts and 1000 thousand miles. I recently sold my 2002 Porsche Carrera Cab and prior to that I had a 99 C5 Vette. I love this Stang!!! Any help is appreciated.:thinkerg:

·
Registered
57 Posts
that is normal, wont move till you get on the gas pretty good. You will also hear a whine you have not heard yet. Get out and drive to get those miles up, then go for WOT.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
208 Posts
the boost gauge doesn't move except when you hit the go fast peddle. To see it move get up on the highway in third gear and pounce on it.

There is some limiter that keep the boost from coming on when the engine is new its so many starts or so many miles. I gave mine 500 miles and let it rip

LLoyd

·
Registered
662 Posts
It should'nt need that many miles...just punch it!:zlurking:

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
The dealer should have reflashed the computer during the PDI to allow full boost,50 starts and a bunch of miles is a myth-Unless the dealer cant read directions.Boost comes on by load demand-Demand load through the gas pedal.Break in is done in the first 20 miles.Hammer down and feel the experiance!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Boost comes on with either 50 starts or 5 continuous miles of driving whichever comes first (the latter is the most common threshhold reached). These engines do not have a true break in period. That information was provided to the early GT500 owners that visited the Romeo engine plant in the summer of 2007 when they met their engine builders.

There is a thread on this topic which started in 2006 and will have all the information you are requiring.

Arbour88

1 - 7 of 7 Posts