Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
6,061 Posts
I’ll get the numbers once folks get back to work next week. I can’t remember exactly how many but it’s no where near the 500 per year they did once the program was fully launched in 2017 and transferred to Tuscany. Keep in mind a buyer who special ordered anything from Shelby could chose a CSM number for a price. I’ll follow up once I have the numbers. My understanding is that they weren’t “production cars until 17”.
I can say for a fact, that Shelby currently has replacement 2015/16 Super Snake wheels as shown below (in Black), not available to the public but for replacement on Super Snake owner cars.........Those are not the wheels that are installed on the 2017+ Super Snake............

The replacements sets of the Brushed Alum. 2015/16 wheels was down to two 9.5" fronts and two 11" rears last I checked....

The thing that SUCKS!?!?..........Those WELD wheels shown above, with the "SUPER SNAKE" engraving on the lip do not fit the Shelby/Baer 6S rear calipers on the earlier Super Snakes, like not even close, so it requires buying four of the 9.5" fronts, which do fit the Baer Extreme 6S front and rear, and have Eric Vaughn widen two 9.5" to 11". Eric has two 2015/16 fronts of mine right now and I spoke with him Tues. they may be the last two 20" wheels that he widens as he is scaling back his business of widening and he had two 20" hoops left in stock to use on my 2015/16 Super Snake wheels.....................I have been working on this project for a couple of years, first on a Black set of 2015/16's and now a second Black set that in the end will be Stripped of the Black, Brushed and Cleared as shown in the second picture above.......

Below are the Shelby Super Snake center caps, both 2015/16 and 2017+ in Black and Polished.........2015/16 is on the bottom, 2017+ on top.......

R

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I can say for a fact, that Shelby currently has replacement 2015/16 Super Snake wheels as shown below (in Black), not available to the public but for replacement on Super Snake owner cars.........Those are not the wheels that are installed on the 2017+ Super Snake............

The replacements sets of the Brushed Alum. 2015/16 wheels was down to two 9.5" fronts and two 11" rears last I checked....

The thing that SUCKS!?!?..........Those WELD wheels shown above, with the "SUPER SNAKE" engraving on the lip do not fit the Shelby/Baer 6S rear calipers on the earlier Super Snakes, like not even close, so it requires buying four of the 9.5" fronts, which do fit the Baer Extreme 6S front and rear, and have Eric Vaughn widen two 9.5" to 11". Eric has two 2015/16 fronts of mine right now and I spoke with him Tues. they may be the last two 20" wheels that he widens as he is scaling back his business of widening and he had two 20" hoops left in stock to use on my 2015/16 Super Snake wheels.....................I have been working on this project for a couple of years, first on a Black set of 2015/16's and now a second Black set that in the end will be Stripped of the Black, Brushed and Cleared as shown in the second picture above.......

Below are the Shelby Super Snake center caps, both 2015/16 and 2017+ in Black and Polished.........2015/16 is on the bottom, 2017+ on top.......

R
Yep major controls on certain parts that are part of the factory up fitting programs. There were a bunch of S197 fakes done and sold. I’ve helped authenticate a couple that folks were looking to purchase. I’ve actually run into more fakes than real SS S197’s. I remember a conversation about the wheels and engraving, I don’t remember if it was Steve or Vince but a lesson was learned.

You definitely need to post up photos of your project 😎

Reactions: GT500 The Mistress

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
6,061 Posts
Yep major controls on certain parts that are part of the factory up fitting programs. There were a bunch of S197 fakes done and sold. I’ve helped authenticate a couple that folks were looking to purchase. I’ve actually run into more fakes than real SS S197’s. I remember a conversation about the wheels and engraving, I don’t remember if it was Steve or Vince but a lesson was learned.

You definitely need to post up photos of your project 😎
I hate to admit it, but this sticker is everything. The 2015/16 WELD wheels have this cool label by the valve stem (the 2017+ do not), and I will need to remove/preserve this cool Shelby/Weld label before I send the Black wheels for stripping, brushing and clearing..........and then reinstall this cool Shelby/Weld label by the valve stem on the Brushed wheels.......

R

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I hate to admit it, but this sticker is everything. The 2015/16 WELD wheels have this cool label by the valve stem (the 2017+ do not), and I will need to remove/preserve this cool Shelby/Weld label before I send the Black wheels for stripping, brushing and clearing..........and then reinstall this cool Shelby/Weld label by the valve stem on the Brushed wheels.......

R
Extremely rare, I’m surprised that your going to have them stripped 😱

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
6,061 Posts
Extremely rare, I’m surprised that your going to have them stripped 😱
I already have a Black set with tires mounted and Eric Vaughn widened, a couple of years ago..........Now it is the "other" variation........Brushed/Cleared.........but Black were my only option for purchase since Shelby only has multiple of the Blacks in 9.5" and they will not be ordering any more from Weld..............Remember 7 years is the cut-off for manufacturers keeping replacement parts, Shelby adheres to this and that is why there was a dump of 2008/09 GT500KR parts in 2016.........They are not interested in paying tax on parts inventory......so at 7 years, it gets offloaded..........I had to wait a year, since 2021 to buy this second set of 2015/16 SUPER SNAKE engraved Weld wheels, a year ago they would not sell them to me, and ONLY, because I was a Super Snake owner did I get the chance to buy them........Things have tightened up at Shelby, two years ago a Black set of 2015/16 Super Snake wheels got slipped out to me, more recently (the last year), no slipping out........

R

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I already have a Black set with tires mounted and Eric Vaughn widened, a couple of years ago..........Now it is the "other" variation........Brushed/Cleared.........but Black were my only option for purchase since Shelby only has multiple of the Blacks in 9.5" and they will not be ordering any more from Weld..............Remember 7 years is the cut-off for manufacturers keeping replacement parts, Shelby adheres to this and that is why there was a dump of 2008/09 GT500KR parts in 2016.........They are not interested in paying tax on parts inventory......so at 7 years, it gets offloaded..........I had to wait a year, since 2021 to buy this second set of 2015/16 SUPER SNAKE engraved Weld wheels, a year ago they would not sell them to me, and ONLY, because I was a Super Snake owner did I get the chance to buy them........Things have tightened up at Shelby, two years ago a Black set of 2015/16 Super Snake wheels got slipped out to me, more recently (the last year), no slipping out........

R
I’ll have to see what they have left 😂 I’ve been back in the “room” where special stuff is stored. Somewhere I have the GTE badges 😂 another Shelby that so few were made it wasn’t considered “production”.

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
6,061 Posts
I’ll have to see what they have left 😂 I’ve been back in the “room” where special stuff is stored. Somewhere I have the GTE badges 😂 another Shelby that so few were made it wasn’t considered “production”.
Yes, I had a Shelby friend verify the 2015/16 Super Snake wheel stock in person, about 3 months ago, the Brushed/Satin finish 9.5" are down to two wheels, I need four wheels to fit my Shelby/Baer rear brakes.........I did not want to buy the two brushed/satin 2015/16 front wheels and two 2015/16 Black wheels and then try to match the brushed original wheels.........It would not be reality........so I chose four in Black, stripped, brushed, cleared, that way they would all match..........The 2015/16 Brushed Alum. finish are done..........2015/16 owners have ordered replacements and the stock is now gone.......So those 2015/16 "SUPER SNAKE" engraved wheels in the Brushed/Alum. finish are a rare item in today's world.........and none of them fit the earlier Super Snakes with the Shelby/Baer Extreme 6S unless an owner has done what I am doing.........I like unique.......both Black and Brushed finish.......2017+ Shelby Super Snake wheels are plentiful, I see them all over the place..........

R

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
6,061 Posts
2015 SS conversion I followed on another site................( owner's pics, - 08/25/2015 )

That is the 2015 you have spoken of in the past where the owner (in this case) did choose a "Premium CSM" number choice for $10K......WOW, $10K just to choose their cars CSM number instead of it being assigned by the Shelby system!!!..............I'll bet that was not a widely chosen option........

R

·
Registered
2020 Grabber Lime GT500 CFTP w/ Painted Black Stripes
58 Posts
No way I would pay $165k for that car. Before I bought my CFTP I considered buying buying he exact spec you are considering except white exterior.

I was thoroughly unimpressed after looking it over.

I could buy a brand new Mustang GT, mod it exactly the way I would want, and then be up with a car that blows the SS out of the water performance wise and all doesn’t retain its value.

if I were spending $165k today, right now in the current market, I would be looking at the 2023 Z06 Z07. And I’m not a Chevy guy. But that car is awesome. This is of course if I did not have a GT500 CFTP already.

if I didn’t have a 500 already? I would be buying the CFTP and sending it to Shelby for the wide body upgrade…

·
Premium Member
2014 Ebony / Matte
223 Posts
You can find SS for about half that cost on the used market. A widebody kit is around $10k finished (meaning parts, materials, fitment, and paint). So if you really want it, I'd try and find a Grabber Blue SS on the used market, drop the $10k on the widebody and you'd almost have enough to buy a non CFTP GT500. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 CFTP
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
No way I would pay $165k for that car. Before I bought my CFTP I considered buying buying he exact spec you are considering except white exterior.

I was thoroughly unimpressed after looking it over.

I could buy a brand new Mustang GT, mod it exactly the way I would want, and then be up with a car that blows the SS out of the water performance wise and all doesn’t retain its value.

if I were spending $165k today, right now in the current market, I would be looking at the 2023 Z06 Z07. And I’m not a Chevy guy. But that car is awesome. This is of course if I did not have a GT500 CFTP already.

if I didn’t have a 500 already? I would be buying the CFTP and sending it to Shelby for the wide body upgrade…
Kind of thinking the same thing here...

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 CFTP
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
That is the 2015 you have spoken of in the past where the owner (in this case) did choose a "Premium CSM" number choice for $10K......WOW, $10K just to choose their cars CSM number instead of it being assigned by the Shelby system!!!..............I'll bet that was not a widely chosen option........

R
Guys, super helpful information all around throughout your various comments and pictures. THANK YOU!!!

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
I'm alright with the wide body, but I cannot tell a lie... The nose and hood on the Super Snake is so ugly you'd have to drive it through town with a paper bag over your head.

As others said, for that much cheddar, my eyes would be scanning the autosphere for something far more sophisticated. Or buy a high quality classic muscle car and watch the value rise instead of plummet, while still enjoying the rare and cool aspect.

Rare, by itself, doesn't cut the mustard. And rare combined with ugly doesn't usually do terribly well over time. Well, I say that, but look at what people pay for butt-ugly Mopar wing cars and/or licensed Eleanors.. LOL ;)
I agree 100%(y)

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
I’ll get the numbers once folks get back to work next week. I can’t remember exactly how many but it’s no where near the 500 per year they did once the program was fully launched in 2017 and transferred to Tuscany. Keep in mind a buyer who special ordered anything from Shelby could chose a CSM number for a price. I’ll follow up once I have the numbers. My understanding is that they weren’t “production cars until 17”.
I thought I read somewhere Shelby does 98 cars per year? I am with most of you here, I rather have a GT500, Then a SS, For 165k in the USA, I'd be looking at much higher end cars,

For 85k you can get a 2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock, the production numbers are less then 200 per year, Since Dodge started the program in 2021, It as Close to a Demon as you can get from the Dodge Factory, they made 3300 Demons Average cost today is 180K vs its 83K price tag back in 2018, The estimates are the Super Stock Challenger will be less then 1000 units, as Dodge is building them again in 2023,

I know were talking about Super Snake, but if your looking to go straight line Fast The Super Stock, is a bargain at 83K and will have very low production numbers. If I was living in the USA right now or in 2021, Next to my GT500, Would be a Challenger Super Stock.
I paid 141K here for my GT500, Base Model, GT500 CFTP and a Dodge SS, 220K Total🤷‍♀️

Radford drag racing school in Phoenix uses demons, Hellcats, and Now Super Stocks, 10.25 1/4 mile runs in the SS :unsure:;)

·
Super Moderator
5,364 Posts
I thought I read somewhere Shelby does 98 cars per year? I am with most of you here, I rather have a GT500, Then a SS, For 165k in the USA, I'd be looking at much higher end cars,

For 85k you can get a 2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock, the production numbers are less then 200 per year, Since Dodge started the program in 2021, It as Close to a Demon as you can get from the Dodge Factory, they made 3300 Demons Average cost today is 180K vs its 83K price tag back in 2018, The estimates are the Super Stock Challenger will be less then 1000 units, as Dodge is building them again in 2023,

I know were talking about Super Snake, but if your looking to go straight line Fast The Super Stock, is a bargain at 83K and will have very low production numbers. If I was living in the USA right now or in 2021, Next to my GT500, Would be a Challenger Super Stock.
I paid 141K here for my GT500, Base Model, GT500 CFTP and a Dodge SS, 220K Total🤷‍♀️

Radford drag racing school in Phoenix uses demons, Hellcats, and Now Super Stocks, 10.25 1/4 mile runs in the SS :unsure:;)
Shelby did the SS Speedster in 98 units to honor the 98th Birthday of Carroll in 2021. They were all built in Vegas and have sold out. The regular Super Snake is limited to 500 units per year from 2017-2022 and probably 2023. They have sold out each year.

• Helpful

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 Race Red
1,839 Posts
Shelby did the SS Speedster in 98 units to honor the 98th Birthday of Carroll in 2021. They were all built in Vegas and have sold out. The regular Super Snake is limited to 500 units per year from 2017-2022 and probably 2023. They have sold out each year.
Ah, I didn't know that Chris, Thanks 🙏

·
Registered
187 Posts

R
I feel special when I swap out my floor mats or find a spare that fits in my GT500 trunk. You and many others on this site are downright HEROIC in your mods and attention to detail. Bravo. I love this forum. :)

·
Registered
2020 Twister Orange GT500
1,291 Posts
You honestly amaze me with the details you find on this stuff. You are the master.

I write stuff down on sticky notes in my "filing system", fully intending to log them somewhere, but it usually ends up more like this. It's my version of "A beautiful mind." (aka A Hot Mess)
Yellow Sleeve Brick Brickwork Dress shirt

41 - 60 of 67 Posts