Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I finally got the call yesterday. Adrien from Shelby called and said she was calling to see who was or was not still interested in the conversion and was asking for deposits.

A few items from our conversation:

The $27,995.00 is for the 600hp conversion only.:eek: The price for the 725hp conversion will be announced later.:mad:

Verts can get the 600hp conversion only.

The first Super Snakes will probably not be built until end of fall or early 08.

She also stated that they will start on the 40th conversions in a "few weeks".

If you want to talk to them, call Adrien about the Super Snake and if you want to talk to them about the 40th call Sherri.

702-942-7325

ext. 105 for Adrien
ext. 102 for Sherri

I would not commit to a non-refundable deposit at this time. Just too many unanswered questions and I feel they (Shelby) are along ways from having their act together.

Although I've ruled out a SS or 40th conversion for my coupe, I have not decided for sure about the vert. I'm going to wait until next spring and see where they are at. I still want to see them have a conversion center closer to Chicagoland.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
That price for just a few mods and trinkets is rediculous. Wonder what the 725hp price tag will be?:eek: My mods are far more extensive than the 600hp version and I am only in for $5,000. It may not have Shelby's blessing but I sure enjoyed the installs.;) After all that is half the fun.

JLT CAI, Bassani headers, high flow cats & 3" aftcat system with power X, Steeda Triax shifter, BMR UCA, Evolution LCA, one piece aluminum drive shaft & loop, Steeda HD panhard bar and brace, 3 point frame rail torque box, 2.6 pulley & idler, and last but not least custom tunes for each step of the way, all with 93octane, 93extreme and 100extreme tunes. I did not mention the Shelby signatures or chrome trinkets which do nothing for handling or hp and I did it my way.:p Not to mention I am far from done.:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
$28K for 100 horsepower. That doesn't seem right, especially since you get more from an Evo Stage 2 for just $1,150. Yeah, there's other cool stuff in the SS package, but I just couldn't justify the price.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
$28K for 100 horsepower. That doesn't seem right, especially since you get more from an Evo Stage 2 for just $1,150. Yeah, there's other cool stuff in the SS package, but I just couldn't justify the price.
I agree and I'll probably never do it.(just never say never) I think anyone who does it is looking at the future collectability and potential worth.

I don't think most of us will be around long enough to regret not doing it, but, who knows.:)

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
That price for just a few mods and trinkets is rediculous. Wonder what the 725hp price tag will be?:eek: My mods are far more extensive than the 600hp version and I am only in for $5,000. It may not have Shelby's blessing but I sure enjoyed the installs.;) After all that is half the fun.

JLT CAI, Bassani headers, high flow cats & 3" aftcat system with power X, Steeda Triax shifter, BMR UCA, Evolution LCA, one piece aluminum drive shaft & loop, Steeda HD panhard bar and brace, 3 point frame rail torque box, 2.6 pulley & idler, and last but not least custom tunes for each step of the way, all with 93octane, 93extreme and 100extreme tunes. I did not mention the Shelby signatures or chrome trinkets which do nothing for handling or hp and I did it my way.:p Not to mention I am far from done.:)

Yeh,what Joe said.I don't want to list all that(different headers,94 octane tune)

·
Registered
861 Posts

ditto, that is exactly waht I was thinking. But I barely came up with enough money to have this car, let alone the upgrades I have done. OH, i know how I did it........just like Flipmo, Credit!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe, my ole' lady is going to kill me. lol, you only live once!!!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I agree and I'll probably never do it.(just never say never) I think anyone who does it is looking at the future collectability and potential worth.

I don't think must of us will be around long enough to regret not doing it, but, who knows.:)

I might be around that long....I am only 31. But my ole' lady mihgt kill me before then.....haha

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
So...

has ANYONE received their SuperSnake yet??

Supposedly there is a modded GT500 in Eustis FL - near where I live (any Lurkers?) with Nitrous.... I've not seen any others on the road though.

Steeda has a GT500 upgrade package that's less than the Supersnake (but doesn't look as cool). Anyone done THAT package?

TD

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Super Snakes yet. They told me probably not until 2008. They just started taking deposits for the Super Snake this week.

·
Registered
861 Posts
croz98gt

She won't have to kill you physically. She can take your car and divorce you.

KIDDING

ILLEGAL
not yet, we are not married yet! We are supposed to get marriedn in Nov. or Dec. not sure because I haven't recieved and invatation yet. I told her to tell me when and where and I will show up, but she better hurry up and get her name in the dailey planner because I work on a first come first serve bassis. We have been living together for about 5 yrs now. I don't think that is long enough for common law marraige:confused:

And another note: she is scared of it and she can't drive a manual! (I still have a chance):D

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
not yet, we are not married yet! We are supposed to get marriedn in Nov. or Dec. not sure because I haven't recieved and invatation yet. I told her to tell me when and where and I will show up, but she better hurry up and get her name in the dailey planner because I work on a first come first serve bassis. We have been living together for about 5 yrs now. I don't think that is long enough for common law marraige:confused:

And another note: she is scared of it and she can't drive a manual! (I still have a chance):D
HaHa. Kinda sounds like me. I lived with my (now) wife for 7 years before we got married. I hate the break it to you on the common law thing, but if you have any joint legal contract, such as buying a house together, a joint lease on an apartment, joint car insurance, joint bank account, etc., you are common law married in most states. Just take the plunge and make it legal. She'll be much happier, and thus, so will you. :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
HaHa. Kinda sounds like me. I lived with my (now) wife for 7 years before we got married. I hate the break it to you on the common law thing, but if you have any joint legal contract, such as buying a house together, a joint lease on an apartment, joint car insurance, joint bank account, etc., you are common law married in most states. Just take the plunge and make it legal. She'll be much happier, and thus, so will you. :D

House = my name
gt500= my name
01 focus= my name
07 freestyle= both names
everything else= her name

I think she has a chance.......J/k
she is a good girl and we are getting married, I jsut like to tease her and tell her to send me an invitation and I will show up. hehe

·
Registered
275 Posts
Count me in for the 725 HP Supersnake. Rare indeed. GGBIW:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts