Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone is looking to buy a Super Snake, how would you go about it? Do you walk into the dealer and say, I want to buy a Super Snake or is there some other means?

Additionally, does anyone know how much one of these puppies cost? I couldn't find anything about price but did read someone where they were offering a 750hp SS package without warranty. Yet, I don't know where I read that.

Just wanting to know guys. Additionally, has anyone ever seen one these yet (i.e. the new ones)?

flipmo

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think you call Shelby America in Las Vagas and get the package set up with them. It's not a Ford Deal, although I'm sure a Ford dealer would be happy to set it up for you, For a price of course!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you call Shelby America in Las Vagas and get the package set up with them. It's not a Ford Deal, although I'm sure a Ford dealer would be happy to set it up for you, For a price of course!!
Thanks Mobey. Any idea on the actual price of one of these? I bet it's up there for the 750 package.

Goooo Shelby

flip

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've heard the numbers are around $28,000 for the Whole nine yards. That doesn't include getting the car there or Back. It's going to kill $30,000 real easy.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I've heard the numbers are around $28,000 for the Whole nine yards. That doesn't include getting the car there or Back. It's going to kill $30,000 real easy.
Per Amy Boylan:

"Price for the 600HP and 700+HP version is $27995.00. If testing requires a different blower at the 725HP level, we will evaluate the price.
Convertible max power is the 600HP package. NO EXCEPTIONS."

Sounds like the 725 hp version might cost more

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Per Amy Boylan:

"Price for the 600HP and 700+HP version is $27995.00. If testing requires a different blower at the 725HP level, we will evaluate the price.
Convertible max power is the 600HP package. NO EXCEPTIONS."

Sounds like the 725 hp version might cost more
Wow, well I knew it was pretty high in price. Let's see, for around $30K to throw at the GT500, I think I can manage to get the same or if not even more HP/TQ for not even half of what they are asking.

Amazing.

flip

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have to agree with you, for 30k you can get a lot of performance goodies, but for 45k, the price of the gt500 you can buy a regular gt and get a lot of performance parts for it. It comes down to personal choice, I love my gt500 and I think that the SS package is a great deal I will be happy to pay the money for it and I dont plan on making mine a collector piece since I do use it, but once again is personal taste, anyone can buy a gt500 or a saleen or whatever else they might want as long as it makes you happy its a good deal.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Wow, well I knew it was pretty high in price. Let's see, for around $30K to throw at the GT500, I think I can manage to get the same or if not even more HP/TQ for not even half of what they are asking.

Amazing.

flip
I think you get a little more then just the higher HP/TG motor and Stripes. I think a handling Package comes with it. But then again, $10K worth of goddies from EVO. will get you the same without the paint, emblems and sig from Shelby.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
If someone is looking to buy a Super Snake, how would you go about it? Do you walk into the dealer and say, I want to buy a Super Snake or is there some other means?

Additionally, does anyone know how much one of these puppies cost? I couldn't find anything about price but did read someone where they were offering a 750hp SS package without warranty. Yet, I don't know where I read that.

Just wanting to know guys. Additionally, has anyone ever seen one these yet (i.e. the new ones)?

flipmo

Flip,
Look at the thread "Woodward dream Cruise" and you will find pictures.Yes I have seen 1.Shelby Autos had 1 at Mustang Alley during the Dream cruise.Sn8kbyt and I were there about 3 weeks ago.Here is a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLkqn5VMhs

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flip,
Look at the thread "Woodward dream Cruise" and you will find pictures.Yes I have seen 1.Shelby Autos had 1 at Mustang Alley during the Dream cruise.Sn8kbyt and I were there about 3 weeks ago.Here is a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLkqn5VMhs
Wowwww, as I salivate:eek: . Man that thing is sweeeeeeet! Any idea which package that particular SS has on it. The 600 or 725 package? Further, how is Ford obtaining 125 more horses between the two packages because that is a significant gain? Yet, I would love to have one.

Thanks

flipmo

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
shelby inc. does all the work, not ford. i believe their changing the supercharger as well and re-tune. Don't forget the non refundable 10k deposit. there's a dedicated thread on the forum in stangsunleashed. i was on the list, and got an email they were trying to contact me. but i had to pull out. it would have been nice to have.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Wowwww, as I salivate:eek: . Man that thing is sweeeeeeet! Any idea which package that particular SS has on it. The 600 or 725 package? Further, how is Ford obtaining 125 more horses between the two packages because that is a significant gain? Yet, I would love to have one.

Thanks

flipmo

That was a prototype so I'm not sure.I think they are changing superchargers.

·
Registered
806 Posts

Thanks

flipmo
Fords not doing it. Shelby is Doing it, 725hp Package does not come with the Warranty. I would think the same way Evo. is Doing it, Intake, Smaller Pulley/Different Blower, Headders, Full 3" Exhaust, Tune, New Pluggs, and Possibly New Cams.

With Enough money, it's possible to get 1,500 ponies out of the 5.4 4V!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fords not doing it. Shelby is Doing it, 725hp Package does not come with the Warranty. I would think the same way Evo. is Doing it, Intake, Smaller Pulley/Different Blower, Headders, Full 3" Exhaust, Tune, New Pluggs, and Possibly New Cams.

With Enough money, it's possible to get 1,500 ponies out of the 5.4 4V!!
Kool and thanks. Should have figured this wasn't a Ford option. Wow, that's a lot of "GO FAST GOODIES" there. New Cam, danggggg!!!!!!! No Warranty, double danggggg!!!!!!! So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you can spend $30K more for this package, go out and break it day 1, and you are basically out of luck? Wowwwwwwww. Doesn't quite seem right to me.:mad:

flip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts