Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just imported a Torch Red Shelby into the UK. I'd like to fit a set of 20" American Wheels Torq Thrust M series Shelby editions. Does anyone have any experince of fitting these or any similar wheel? There will only be a handfull or so of the GT500 arriving in the UK so information is difficult to come by, and any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
UKGT...Welcome to the board :) I personally don't have any experience with Shelby wheel mods, but if you do a 'Search' I know it has been talked about on this site...sit tight, someone here will step up and answer your question...Oh BTW, congrats on hold'en one hostage and getting it out of the country :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just imported a Torch Red Shelby into the UK. I'd like to fit a set of 20" American Wheels Torq Thrust M series Shelby editions. Does anyone have any experince of fitting these or any similar wheel? There will only be a handfull or so of the GT500 arriving in the UK so information is difficult to come by, and any advice would be much appreciated.
thanks
I built a few GTs last year w/20s. If I am not mistaken, the American Racing Shelby wheels look great but are only offered in 9" width. Custom 20s on a Shelby need to run in a staggard fitment as the 500hp needs as much tire as possible in the rear. I suggest front 20x9 wheel w/a 255 or 265x35x20 tire. Rears 20x10 wheel w/a 275 or 285x35x20 tire. This combo works & looks bitchin. Sorry, I don't have the offset I used on hand to print.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Offset is listed in the Shelby addendum to you owners manual along with rim size. Do not have the information readily available as Carroll Shelby is currently in the porcess of signing mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys

American Racing's UK distributor is hooking me up with 8.5 front and 10 inch rears, just need to find a decent set of rear mufflers and we're all set. Car will be back from its Right Hand Drive conversion in a couple of weeks and I'll post some pics.

thanks again!

·
Registered
153 Posts
UK...Why would you drive on the wrong side of the road?
Just kidding....Congrats and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ST, and I think you'll find thats the Right side of the road!.... Actually I don't usually bother converting my US market cars, its not a legal requirement over here. But I've found a black GT and as thats the colour I originally wanted, buddy of mine wants my Red one. He wants it RHD and he's willing to stump up the 10,000 bucks for the conversion. Will sure make it an unusual Shelby.

By the way has anyone fitted a set of Borla mufflers yet? thats the brand I.m considering for both cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, congrats to you on the Shelby.

Several people on this side of the pond have installed the Ford Racing Axle backs which are made by Borla. They sound great. On problems is a bit of Harmonic resonence at 1800-2000 RPM. Part number M-5230-5GT

I have a set sitting in my basement and waiting on my car for install.

Personally heard them on a car which prompted me to buy.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts