Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a TVS 2300 on my 2011 GT500 along with a 2.4 pulley, lethal performance BAP, and an Afco triple pass.

I’m doing a Lund tune, and im having an issue with fuel trims. My tuner is saying I’m completely pegged rich, and it’s not adjusting fuel trims. We cannot figure out why. My tuner at Lund said he’s never seen this happen, and was questioning whether or not I had the parts I said I installed.

I’ve checked all of my pigtails and wiring harnesses. Everything seems to be wired/plugged up. All of the vacuum and PCV lines are on correctly.Has anyone else had this happen? Anything similar? I’m at my wits end and I don’t want to bring it to a shop.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,263 Posts
I recently installed a TVS 2300 on my 2011 GT500 along with a 2.4 pulley, lethal performance BAP, and an Afco triple pass.

I’m doing a Lund tune, and im having an issue with fuel trims. My tuner is saying I’m completely pegged rich, and it’s not adjusting fuel trims. We cannot figure out why. My tuner at Lund said he’s never seen this happen, and was questioning whether or not I had the parts I said I installed.

I’ve checked all of my pigtails and wiring harnesses. Everything seems to be wired/plugged up. All of the vacuum and PCV lines are on correctly.Has anyone else had this happen? Anything similar? I’m at my wits end and I don’t want to bring it to a shop.
Welcome to the forum! Sorry for your problem. I have no idea what could be causing that, but if it were my car, I’d go hit a local Mustang performance shop that also does tuning. Lund is a great tuner, but he doesn’t know about your hardware issues when doing an email tune. A performance shop that is familiar with these cars would hopefully find your issue and possibly even tune it properly for you.

On a different note, if you are up for introducing yourself and showing us your 2011, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,480 Posts

Did you change fuel injectors? How about the intake tube, stock of upgrade? An issue there will make you pig rich or way lean. The runner needs to know what fuel injector size you have and intake tube MAF size you have to get The fuel right.
Your car stock has 47lb per hour fuel injectors in it. Normally with the 2.3 TVS 55lb injectors are used in the stock 13 and 14 gt500s. I would ask your tuner what his tune is setup for with injector size and MAF size

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have 1050x fuel injectors. I also have a VMP high flow elbow, twin 67mm TB, 123mm JLT intake tube. The tuner actually made me pull an injector and the intake tube and take pictures to verify they were what I said, because he was so baffled. I’m wondering if it’s maybe an O2 sensor fault or something

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come to think of it, I haven’t changed them since I bought it. You think that’s the issue? My only concern is that it’s not throwing a CEL. But it is on a custom tune, so that would also make sense

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,716 Posts
Is the fuel pressure sensor connected to the vacuum port in the front of the intake manifold? Make sure the tubing can hold vacuum.

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
626 Posts
I will bet that it is this part.

It is the fuel pressure sensor that went out all of a sudden almost 2 months ago on my engine. It is located on your passenger side fuel rail and as was already mentioned the vacuum line from the front of the intake manifold attaches to it along with the electrical connector. I had recently installed ID 1050X injectors and already had it tuned with them installed. What happened was that I started my cold engine and let it run for a minute or so before moving as I always do. I got about 200' from my house and my engine suddenly started running super rich. It would hardly even stay running it was coughing and hacking so bad and kept on dying. I had to, and I kid you not, restart my engine about 15 times just to get it back to my garage. Turns out my '07 F-150 uses the exact same part so I switched them and it then ran perfect, but my truck ran like crap. I ended up buying a new one from eBay because Ford wants an arm and a half plus one leg for one. I have had no problem since replacing. Just make sure if this is in fact your problem that you either buy Motorcraft or Bosch with the same exact part numbers as the one you removed. My understanding is that some of these gradually go bad, but mine failed in an instant.

What my plugs looked like when this happened

I hope this helps you. Oh and mine did not throw any CEL's either. Good Luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! I hadn’t thought about that the pressure sensor. I was too busy looking for other problems that weren’t there lol. I’ve got an f150 as well, I’ll see if the part numbers match up.
thank you!

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
626 Posts
Thank you! I hadn’t thought about that the pressure sensor. I was too busy looking for other problems that weren’t there lol. I’ve got an f150 as well, I’ll see if the part numbers match up.
thank you!
You are welcome. Let us know if this solves your issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately this did not fix my issue. I also changed my upstream O2 sensors to no avail. I’m idling at like 11:1 AFR. I’m about to unplug my boost a pump and see if that fixes the issue

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Unfortunately this did not fix my issue. I also changed my upstream O2 sensors to no avail. I’m idling at like 11:1 AFR. I’m about to unplug my boost a pump and see if that fixes the issue
Is the vacuum line from the front of the intake manifold hooded up to it and does the tube hold vacuum?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the vacuum line from the front of the intake manifold hooded up to it and does the tube hold vacuum?
I’ve checked the connection. It’s definitely hooked up correctly, I don’t have any way to verify it’s holding vacuum though

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Pull off the tube, hold your finger over one end and suck on the other. Might be safer if you used a Mity-Vac, but it's not a common tool most people own.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
432 Posts
Are you getting any codes at all? Your NGauge will tell you. I don't know if a leak will make you rich, I'm pretty sure that will make you lean. However, to be safe, you can remove the CAI from the TB, tape up the intake face of the TB really well, disconnect the vaccum line from the brake boostet and blow into it. If there's a leak, you'll hear it. I ran a small bead of rtv around the TB seal where it meets up to the plenum arm.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Would you consider asking for a supervisor at Lund to review your idle data log? This sounds like an issue which certainly deserves higher review.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Are you getting any codes at all? Your NGauge will tell you. I don't know if a leak will make you rich, I'm pretty sure that will make you lean. However, to be safe, you can remove the CAI from the TB, tape up the intake face of the TB really well, disconnect the vaccum line from the brake boostet and blow into it. If there's a leak, you'll hear it. I ran a small bead of rtv around the TB seal where it meets up to the plenum arm.
The fuel pressure sensor will read zero vacuum signal as part throttle operation and will boost fuel pressure greater than what's delivered at idle. How much, I can't speciffically say. THAT, could cause a rich condition. I'm not suggesting that he look for a small vacuum leak as the source of his problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I get home I’m gonna re log with fuel rail pressure in the config, and see what the numbers are there. If that doesn’t point to something specific, I’ll give that a try.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
432 Posts
I was having troubles with my set up initially, but got it figured out. Until I did, I didn't drive it more than a mile at a time to test. I also ran only the initial tune from lund, as a baseline for them to go off of. I was having a different problem than you, but its all good now. I also had what seemed like a more junior tuner and almost told him to kick rocks and asked for someone more knowledgeable because it didn't seem like the was trying very hard to help. Then again, without being present, I don't know how much they can tell about what is the cause of the problem, just from the data they get.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts