Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Where can i get a strut tower brace for the 07 shelby.
They come with one but also Ford Racing,Steeda,Roush and many others.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That brace looks a lot thicker than the stock brace. Is that true or just an optical illusion? How would the thickness affect clearance over a JLT intake? I'm interested in getting a new brace so I can have it painted to match, but it needs to clear the intake.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Wow, I think I will also be getting one of those. It does look thicker!

flip
It is heavier duty and if I remember right, it was part of the Ford GT500 suspension package that Orf installed.:)

Cal

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a nice Strut Brace but I would like one in a polished finish or a satin finish are there any after market places that sell them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That is a nice Strut Brace but I would like one in a polished finish or a satin finish are there any after market places that sell them.
You can get the strut tower brace powder coated with a chrome finish, the new valve covers from ford racing are powder coated with a chrome finish, I am getting the covers sometime this week, will post pics when installed.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That brace looks a lot thicker than the stock brace. Is that true or just an optical illusion? How would the thickness affect clearance over a JLT intake? I'm interested in getting a new brace so I can have it painted to match, but it needs to clear the intake.
The stock brace seems to be a 7/8" dia. tube. This one is 1-1/4" thick (up and down), but considerably wider (front to back). This brace also branches into two at the ends, right where the CAI would be. I don't have a CAI, but I seriously doubt you could fit a JLT under that brace even with spacers.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The stock brace seems to be a 7/8" dia. tube. This one is 1-1/4" thick (up and down), but considerably wider (front to back). This brace also branches into two at the ends, right where the CAI would be. I don't have a CAI, but I seriously doubt you could fit a JLT under that brace even with spacers.
Bummer. Not the answer I was hoping for, Orf. :(

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hey, Prez, educate me, please! Are you going to paint it Vista Blue? If so, will it be a "powder coat" finish? Or are there only specific colors that can be used in a powder coat job? Have you consider painting an OEM brace?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hey, Prez, educate me, please! Are you going to paint it Vista Blue? If so, will it be a "powder coat" finish? Or are there only specific colors that can be used in a powder coat job? Have you consider painting an OEM brace?
Yes, I want to paint my brace Vista Blue. I don't want to paint the stock brace (so I can return it to stock if I want to). If I can't find an aftermarket brace that will fit over the CAI, I'll just buy a new OEM brace. I'd like to get it powder coated for the durability factor, but I don't know how well they can match the Vista Blue. I may have to settle for just regular old paint. I've got the names of a couple good powder coat and paint shops, so I'll just have to do some research.

I want to paint the hood strut brackets too.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Bummer. Not the answer I was hoping for, Orf. :(
I'm working on something, but I won't know anything for sure until the end of October. If there is a way to get the JLT under it, I'll do it and get pictures.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I'm working on something, but I won't know anything for sure until the end of October. If there is a way to get the JLT under it, I'll do it and get pictures.
Excellent. Thanks, Orf. Can't wait. I hope it fits. My wife just told me a few days ago that she wants me to buy the Ford Racing Handling Pack. It would be great if the JLT fit under the Ford Racing strut brace.

Hmmm...kinda funny when you think about it. It really never ends. I buy my #1 lady a Shelby and it's just not enough. :rolleyes: :p :D

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Excellent. Thanks, Orf. Can't wait. I hope it fits. My wife just told me a few days ago that she wants me to buy the Ford Racing Handling Pack. It would be great if the JLT fit under the Ford Racing strut brace.

Hmmm...kinda funny when you think about it. It really never ends. I buy my #1 lady a Shelby and it's just not enough. :rolleyes: :p :D

I told you, it just never stops.:D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

That is WAY COOL!!:D:cool: Just the other day you were only talking about getting a pulley.

You must have been a very good boy, indeed.;) :D

Cal

·
Registered
933 Posts
rpretzel,

Its got to be something to do with the thin mountain air. :D

My wife is all for the upgrades as well. :D

All I need now is the damn car! :mad:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
rpretzel,

Its got to be something to do with the thin mountain air. :D

My wife is all for the upgrades as well. :D

All I need now is the damn car! :mad:
Patience, young grasshopper. All good things come to those who wait. It will be worth the wait. It will come.

OK, I can't think of any more crap that was said to me while I waited for 403 days. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts