Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ford GT500
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 GT500, I have noticed that I now have a strong gas smell in the garage after driving the GT500. Didn't happen when I first got it, but does now. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
37,092 Posts
2021 GT500, I have noticed that I now have a strong gas smell in the garage after driving the GT500. Didn't happen when I first got it, but does now. Anyone else have this problem?
Moved your post here.

Haven’t had any issue like this. Get under the car and have a look.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You may want to pull it outside to be safe. The fumes are what ignites and if you have a typical set up, the pilot on your water heater or furnace will ruin your day. Like Goose said, I would take a peek to confirm a leak, but then pull her out and have towed to your dealer.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
461 Posts
Is the weather changing? I notice mine has a fuel smell on occasion but I'm 99% sure it's coming out of the gas filler opening. It's most prevalent when the temps change - I stick my nose in the area of fuel door and can smell it. Had it happen with my truck, too.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
8,190 Posts
With the wee gas tank, I overfilled mine on one of the early fill ups and smelled gas for while, but only a weak scent in the cabin. I had no smell when I opened he hood.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 PP
619 Posts
If you believe it is coming from the gas fill it may be the rubber gasket not fully sealing when cold. See if Ford offers a lockable plug for the fuel neck. That may seal it better.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts