Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience or ideas on how to acquire an "over the top" stripe kit to put on the convertibles, I am interested in putting them on mine and wasnt sure where to go to get them,thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does anyone have any experience or ideas on how to acquire an "over the top" stripe kit to put on the convertibles, I am interested in putting them on mine and wasnt sure where to go to get them,thanks.
I believe the stripes are now available from your Ford Parts Dept...My car had the front bumper stripes damaged in transit and the dealer was able to order just those pieces...not sure if the same holds true for the rest of the car. I'm guessing you want all of them except the roof stripes?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do to, I couldnt believe they weren't offered in the first place I think it looks a lot better, thanks for your help, I will post pics as soon as I have a car to take pics of.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Shelbywise is correct that factory stripes are available via dealers....this car was advertised recently with dealer-installed stripes...I like it! --

Does anyone know whos red car this is, I am trying to find out som estuff about the stripes, thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could someone else please help me understand why you have to pay for the "over the top" stripes for a convertible if you want them when you can get them for the coupe for free, when you pay more for the convertible and it would be less stripe to satisfy a convertible.

And because I am wanting to put stripes on my car and will have to pay for it could someone please let me know what they have paid for stripes and labor if they dont mind. If you dont want to talk $ bcuz of whatever thats fine but if you dont mind I would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Got you thanks, I was hoping that was someones car on the forum and they could give me some insight and let me know some of their costs, thanks for your help, I will keep looking as I am sure it will be an arm and a leg to get done at a dealership. I heard $1000+ already and that seems outrageous but maybe I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts