Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently the info screen at the bottom of the tach started cycling through all of the system checks when I would crank the car and also in the speedo the emergency brake light would come on as if the brake was pulled when it wasn't. I tried disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 4-5 minutes thinking it might reset and go away but it didn't. I can hit the reset button a couple of times and it will go back to trip or whatever it was on before but it does this everytime I crank the car and the brake light doesn't go out. Anybody had any experience with their car like this. Any help would be appreciated. It does not affect the running of the car it is just aggravating.
________
Honda SA50

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
These cars do some very strange things if the battery is low. If you leave the car for a couple of weeks with the alarm set it can drain the battery to a point that things act weird. We see a lot of this in winter for guys that do not use a battery tender type of device.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Mine will scroll through the cd's on the stereo but it is intermitent and I am not sure it has anything to do with the battery level.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine occasionally does the CD thing as well, but no problem with the info screen.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So do you think if I put a trickle charge on the battery that may clear it up. Should I trickle charge with the negative disconnected or just leave everything hookded up?
________
buy vapor genie

·
Registered
693 Posts
That happened to my Explorer a while back just a couple of days before the battery said goodbye. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
So do you think if I put a trickle charge on the battery that may clear it up. Should I trickle charge with the negative disconnected or just leave everything hookded up?
GT500Rocket,
I use the BT, Jr on all of my vehicles that are not driven regularly. Currently they are on 2 motorcycles, lawnmower and '05 T-Bird. It keeps the batteries fully charged and ready when I am.

My '01 Harley batt lasted 5 1/2 yrs after being totally discharged twice. The '03 Honda GL1800 batt is currently 6 1/2 yrs old and still going. The T-Bird was recently semi-retired when I got the GT500 so it's new to the BT, Jr.

There are cheaper units available, but the Deltran has a proven track record w/me so I stick with them.

You can Google Battery Tender for sources; below is just one.

http://www.pacificbattery.com/batterytender0123.html

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts