Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of us are aware of this feature, but I was impressed. Pulled into my favorite watering hole, rolled the windows down (sign of my age), set the alarm and began to hydrate. After a few minutes or beers, which ever came first, I remembered I left my cellphone in the cup holder and went to retrieve it. To my surprise the alarm went off. I did not open any doors, jult leaned in and retrieved my cellphone from the cup holder. There is obviously a motion detector in the system for the cabin area.

·
Registered
658 Posts
and if you arm it with window down, a walk by close to the open window will set off too:thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Not sure how many of us are aware of this feature, but I was impressed. Pulled into my favorite watering hole, rolled the windows down (sign of my age), set the alarm and began to hydrate. After a few minutes or beers, which ever came first, I remembered I left my cellphone in the cup holder and went to retrieve it. To my surprise the alarm went off. I did not open any doors, jult leaned in and retrieved my cellphone from the cup holder. There is obviously a motion detector in the system for the cabin area.
Yep, there are motion detectors up on the interior light fixture.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Yes and it has an anti inclination switch too.If it is picked up in the front or rear it triggers the alarm.:bandit:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well this was certainly an enlightening thread. I didn't realize there were any alarm systems on these cars from the factory that good. Is this only the GT500 or is Ford making better alarm systems for their cars?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this was certainly an enlightening thread. I didn't realize there were any alarm systems on these cars from the factory that good.
I gets even better. I just noticed the event was reflected in the information center of the tach, and had to be reset.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yes and it has an anti inclination switch too.If it is picked up in the front or rear it triggers the alarm.:bandit:
Yes, I found out that one the hard way...jacked up the front of the car, and got an ear-full of horn. :ack:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good system but it doesn't work on convertibles if the top is down :( Go figure! The sensors are in the map light fixture on verts.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good system but it doesn't work on convertibles if the top is down :( Go figure! The sensors are in the map light fixture on verts.
I was thinking how this effected verts. Where are the map lights located on the convertible? Thought they would still be over head. Guess just another plus for the coupe.:roller:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I was thinking how this effected verts. Where are the map lights located on the convertible? Thought they would still be over head. Guess just another plus for the coupe.:roller:
Verts have the same map lights as the coupes - and, I thought, the same motion sensors.

Wonder why it doesnt' work the same?

Maybe I'll have to check it out tomorrow. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
373 Posts
all '05 and up mustangs have the same system i believe. at least it acts the same.
my '05 used to go off from the "walk by" when it was locked.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The finance guy at my dealership tried real hard to sell me a Ford active alarm system for my GT500 and I tried real hard to convince him that the car already came with one as standard equipment.

In the end I don't think he was convinced, but I did not buy his alarm system either.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Verts have the same map lights as the coupes - and, I thought, the same motion sensors.

Wonder why it doesnt' work the same?

Maybe I'll have to check it out tomorrow. :thinkerg:
The alarm functions without the motion & inclination sensors when top is down, all other functions remain active

·
Registered
23 Posts
The finance guy at my dealership tried real hard to sell me a Ford active alarm system for my GT500 and I tried real hard to convince him that the car already came with one as standard equipment.

In the end I don't think he was convinced, but I did not buy his alarm system either.
So the alarm is standard? I wondered what the little odd looking things were on the map light console. I'll have to try mine out tonight. I got the same sales push but was just going to have my car stereo buddy do an install for me, guess that won't be needed now.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
So the alarm is standard? I wondered what the little odd looking things were on the map light console. I'll have to try mine out tonight. I got the same sales push but was just going to have my car stereo buddy do an install for me, guess that won't be needed now.
Yep. The alarm is standard equipment.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The capabilities and operation of the active alarm system is explained in the Mustang Owner's Manual (not the GT500 supplement) - starting on page 83 in the 2007 manual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts