·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,954 Posts
You probably won't offend many here...lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oink, oink.

Personally I don't mind an off-topic thread integrated here into the main Discussion page, as long as it's the exception & not the rule.

My take is simple: by virtue of the recent election and with economic insecurity ongoing, some 50% or more of our fellow citizens-- mostly in good faith-- have granted a blank check to the new admin to 'fix' the
problem. That blank check is now being GROSSLY abused.

On one hand, yes-stim supporters will say there are 'salaries' which will derive from the pork projects
(what percentage do salaries represent for each dollar of expenditure in the bill?...also, in 2-4 years where do these new 'jobs' end up when the stim $$ is all gone?)

What galls me is the complete lack of any credible explanation to back up the head honcho's statement to the country last week: " "Understand, this bill does not have a single earmark in it, ... The folks (media) who are vested with the obligation to vett the truth are either A.) too complicit in the programs put forth by the new admin to challenge the above assertion, or B.) too timid and frightened of the inevitable backlash if they challenge the above assertion.
I think I woke up in a political Twilight Zone.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
10,095 Posts
Well said PDK. Couldn't agree with you more.I Live in Md. and am flabergasted to see all the attention given to Baltimore and Annapolis only. No other counties mentioned. Baltimore has been historically a hot bed of govt. corruption and downright theivery. What a crock!! And guess where the state capitol is located?..... Thats right, Annapolis! Can't wait to move out of this tax happy state.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm not offended,
I like seeing who is trying to put the screws to me without a kiss.............

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not offended,
I like seeing who is trying to put the screws to me without a kiss.............
lol lol you always have a unique outlook on things.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see you are stimulating the economy by modifing your Shelby.:bluecap: :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Nothing like "transparency, truth in politics and change we can believe in", and the amazing thing is he says it with a straight face, but we all must admit he says it eloquently and is such a great speaker. Well so was Hitler. Osama Obama is the Pied Piper and the press is just following.

·
Registered
182 Posts
All my life I noticed the gov=politicians would screw us gently but still leave us with something to look forward to = a small piece of the pie and a smile on our face, this time I feel there won't be any smile when all of this hits home in a year or 2 with all of the pie taken for many years if not forever, I hope that a miracle happens and all of this spending doesn't come back to bite us and our grandkids in the a$$. The next election might help if were not to far gone.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hmmmm....

More than 75% of PA's spending happens in the eastern part of the state, with more than half of that - closer to 50% of the total - going to Philly and the surrounding area.

Any coincidence that the former head of the DNC, and now current PA Governor, Ed Rendell is from Philly?

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Positive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts