Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got our shipment of front and rear cross drilled and slotted rotors for the GT500.
They look great.

We will be using and offering the Mintex pads up front and the Stillen Matrex pads in the rear. From what Page says this is the best combo at the best price.

Here's the tech info:
STILLEN Sport Rotors are an exact size as OEM rotors; they offer maximum performance with stock calipers. Computer Aided Design (CAD) is employed to determine the optimum pattern for any size rotor. This pattern is critical, for it must correctly sweep the brake pad to increase its initial bite and allow for out gassing while also cleaning the entire brake pad surface. The sweep will eliminate hot spots and maximize the brake pad friction to the rotor. The added air surface, created by cross drilling, will increase the rotors ability to dissipate heat and cool more effectively. For Sport Rotors to perform at their best, they should be used in conjunction with STILLEN Metal Matrix Brake Pads.

We have the rotors on the web site and will be adding front and rear combos shortly. If your interested in a combo, please call for pricing.
Fronts $439
Rears $279.
FREE SHIPPING to the 48 states

We will be doing a full install on our GT500 in the coming days and post the details.
Thanks
Jay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
We just got our shipment of front and rear cross drilled and slotted rotors for the GT500.
They look great.

We will be using and offering the Mintex pads up front and the Stillen Matrex pads in the rear. From what Page says this is the best combo at the best price.

Here's the tech info:
STILLEN Sport Rotors are an exact size as OEM rotors; they offer maximum performance with stock calipers. Computer Aided Design (CAD) is employed to determine the optimum pattern for any size rotor. This pattern is critical, for it must correctly sweep the brake pad to increase its initial bite and allow for out gassing while also cleaning the entire brake pad surface. The sweep will eliminate hot spots and maximize the brake pad friction to the rotor. The added air surface, created by cross drilling, will increase the rotors ability to dissipate heat and cool more effectively. For Sport Rotors to perform at their best, they should be used in conjunction with STILLEN Metal Matrix Brake Pads.

We have the rotors on the web site and will be adding front and rear combos shortly. If your interested in a combo, please call for pricing.
Fronts $439
Rears $279.
FREE SHIPPING to the 48 states

We will be doing a full install on our GT500 in the coming days and post the details.
Thanks
Jay

Sweet,I'd like to get a set of those:D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You may have a visitor tomorrow.:D

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on by.
I started the install tonight and took many pics. I'll post up tomorrow.

Really great look.

Jay

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Will do.....supposed to be raining.:(

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Hey Jay,

Page here - looking forward to seeing the pics of the install - and your thoughts on the Mintex and Stillen pads.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thanks Much

Page

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Come on by.
I started the install tonight and took many pics. I'll post up tomorrow.

Really great look.

Jay
Don't tell Page I bought a set, he may slack off on getting the 13" rear kit together, thinking I might not want it or something?:D

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Don't tell Page I bought a set, he may slack off on getting the 13" rear kit together, thinking I might not want it or something?:D
HEHEHEHEHE - You just told Page :) NOT a problem. VERY Happy that Jay is doing so well with these things. If I can help him (or my other distributors out) I am more than willing to do so. Wait till he sells a set of AP Racing brakes - you will want those on your car then :) :)

Promise - I havent given up on the 13" rear kit :) Will keep you all posted for sure.

Thanks

Page

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
HEHEHEHEHE - You just told Page :) NOT a problem. VERY Happy that Jay is doing so well with these things. If I can help him (or my other distributors out) I am more than willing to do so. Wait till he sells a set of AP Racing brakes - you will want those on your car then :) :)

Promise - I havent given up on the 13" rear kit :) Will keep you all posted for sure.

Thanks

Page

I saw you there Page, just messin w/ ya. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts