Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT 500 base
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am posting this in the incorrect area, please place this in the proper one.

I am new to the forum and to the GT 500. One of the things that really bug me are the big stickers on the sun visors. They are an incredible eye-sore.

Anybody have a cure? I removed them on my F-150, and it did not turn out well....

Thanks,
Sredder

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
There was a post about this. I’ll see if I can find it.

post #27

·
Premium Member
2014 GT500 Ruby Red
574 Posts
...I removed them on my F-150, and it did not turn out well....
Not sure about from the thread QSK50 posted, but from other threads I have read I think the general consensus is in line with your F-150 experience....

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Welcome aboard, I have only done this once and I did get the sticky off with Goo Gone Citrus BUT my truck stunk horribly from the citrus/GooGone for over a year. I have learned to not care about the stickers after that experience. I have a buddy who used a steamer to remove his he swears by it, I have not tried this so YMMV.

• Haha
Reactions: GTabusa

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,872 Posts
Thanks, guys!! Lots of food for thought....

Sredder
The car collector in me says don’t remove the stickers. Someone somewhere down the road will be trying to find correct sun visors with the decals. It will be a challenge. I ended up finding and buying the last two 03/04 Cobra convertible sun visors in Ford’s inventory. A left and a right we’re at different dealers across the country… then UPS lost the package… then the package showed up 5 months later.

Original soft interior parts like seat skins, steering wheels and sun visors are like gold years later when the parts are obsolete.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
The car collector in me says don’t remove the stickers. Someone somewhere down the road will be trying to find correct sun visors with the decals. It will be a challenge. I ended up finding and buying the last two 03/04 Cobra convertible sun visors in Ford’s inventory. A left and a right we’re at different dealers across the country… then UPS lost the package… then the package showed up 5 months later.

Original soft interior parts like seat skins, steering wheels and sun visors are like gold years later when the parts are obsolete.
That’s some Tom hanks cast away stuff right there 😂
Bet you felt like you kicked the winning field goal in the super bowl when it magically showed up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts