Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this part is a separate from the drivers airbag assembly?
My 4yr old must have scratched it while playing "speed racer" in the garage

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Anyone know if this part is a separate from the drivers airbag assembly?
My 4yr old must have scratched it while playing "speed racer" in the garage

It is part of the airbag:simmadown:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I love my kids... but none of them play anywhere close to either Mustang in the garage. They've been warned.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My son was playing outside with a lacrosse ball the other day near the garage awfully close to the Shelby . (the garage doors were open)...I had to remind him (twice) to keep the doors closed when he is playing . Ouch, I can only imagine what a lacrosse ball would do banging into a car...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Any ideas how to buff out the scratches?
gas...

This is a long shot, so test it first on something else....

Go to a craft shop and buy some liquid catalyzed epoxy. I have used this quite a bit in my woodshop.

Mix it up, put it on, and immediately wipe over it with a squeegee to get the effect you want. There are some potential issues...such as...

Can't use a towel/rag with loose fibers...the fibers will be "in the mix"
It tends to bubble as it dries if you put it on thick...but yours should be thin
It's messy...cover anything you don't want it on
Only mix tiny amounts for your application...but measure it...the mix is critical

See my wood details thread for some discussion of where I've used it.

Another option if the scratches are very light might be those "sticks" sold on TV to fill scratches in glass...dunno.

Good luck.

Dave

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks HTD, sounds like a delicate job. Maybe my 4 yr old can help, she's great with glue:shock:...not! I'll give it some thought. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts