Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I had the damnest thing happen to me today? I had a guy at work ask me the following question, as he is an amused enthusiast. He asked me the following question that, at first glance, I thought I should have known.

He asked, "What is the difference between a Saleen, Roush, Steeda, and GT500 Mustang?"

Initially, I said "damn" to myself, because I have no clear idea what a Steeda and Roush mustang specifically has on it or is specifically known for (i.e. in terms of parts) other than them having their own parts installed. I did tell him that the Saleens and GT500s came with SuperChargers (too easy). On that note, does anyone know the actual distinguishable differences are between the 4 different mustang versions?

Thanks

flipmo

·
Registered
80 Posts
One major difference is the GT500 has a 5.4L engine and the rest are 4.6's. We can go up to 800+hp before we have to change internal parts, the others max out somewhere between 450-500hp, thats all I got, anybody else.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Where do I start???

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The GT500 is a finished product produced straight from the factory the others are not.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Saleen: Ugly

Roush: Kinda cool but be prepared to pay through the nose to get anything close to the performance of a stock GT500. ($70K+ for stage 3?)

Steeda: I've never seen one in person.

GT500: Well...duh! :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts