·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Re: Stedda or Afco H.E.

Revan > AFCO > Steeda

I have the AFCO and to date very pleased with it.
I'm awaiting the return of spring so I can get some datalogs in warmer weather!

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

I appreciate your position on the price tag. There are some things that you should also consider that are in addition to the Heat Exchanger I make.

Dual 9" Puller Fans made by SPAL 1,408 CFM Combined Heat Extraction
Dual Spal FRH Wiring Harness Relays
Dual Pass
Two New Hoses
NASCAR Proprietary Core
Best Welding and craftsmanship and every one of my customers will attest to it.
Over 40 Quality control checks before the final pressure test and then it leaves the bench for shipping to the customer.

Not necessary you say.

A stock GT500 at WOT with Ambient inlet temperatures in the 80's with an AFCO/Steeda/Stock Heat Exchanger will shoot up over 150 degrees at IAT2 in seconds. A stock tune pulls timing at 100 degrees. Massive timing and spark retard. Aftermarket tunes generally begin pulling timing in the 130-140 degree range at IAT2. Either way, you are still getting timing retard to prevent detonation.

I run a Whipple 3.4 and 17 lbs of boost. On a WOT pass I don't exceed 125 degrees at 80 plus ambient inlet temperature. At 95 degrees plus in a road course beat down scenario over the course of 25 minutes my IAT2's (After Supercharger and intercooler temps) averaged between 135-145. And that was over 25 minutes. In a similar scenario and temperatures at 95 degrees with a Steeda Heat Exchanger I averaged 190 degrees IAT2. On the 725 Super Snake I data logged on the same day at the same track with an AFCO and 17 lbs of boost he average 170-180 degrees IAT2.

After I put my dual puller fan heat exchanger on my car I basically had to relearn how to handle the car on a road course. It was night and day different. Consistent power all of the time. I even had an off track excursion that day trying to get the feel for it.

For the drag racer consider a hot lap competition. After one pass you'll get smoked. Plenty of my customers are drag racers. Jon Lund completely endorses the product and says its one of the single best upgrades you can do for a GT500.

In closing, the dual puller fans are the equivalent of over 150 MPH of air crossing the core of the heat exchanger while you are sitting at a stop light. Feel free to PM me or email if you like. I would be happy to discuss further the engineering and data logs with you.

Cheers.

Dactyl (Van)

·
Premium Member
42 Posts

Van,

How much $$ Plug and play install? Is Revan Racing your product? If so that looks AWESOME!

Please forward your website, or any pertinate info!

Thanks!

Mike

I appreciate your position on the price tag. There are some things that you should also consider that are in addition to the Heat Exchanger I make.

Dual 9" Puller Fans made by SPAL 1,408 CFM Combined Heat Extraction
Dual Spal FRH Wiring Harness Relays
Dual Pass
Two New Hoses
NASCAR Proprietary Core
Best Welding and craftsmanship and every one of my customers will attest to it.
Over 40 Quality control checks before the final pressure test and then it leaves the bench for shipping to the customer.

Not necessary you say.

A stock GT500 at WOT with Ambient inlet temperatures in the 80's with an AFCO/Steeda/Stock Heat Exchanger will shoot up over 150 degrees at IAT2 in seconds. A stock tune pulls timing at 100 degrees. Massive timing and spark retard. Aftermarket tunes generally begin pulling timing in the 130-140 degree range at IAT2. Either way, you are still getting timing retard to prevent detonation.

I run a Whipple 3.4 and 17 lbs of boost. On a WOT pass I don't exceed 125 degrees at 80 plus ambient inlet temperature. At 95 degrees plus in a road course beat down scenario over the course of 25 minutes my IAT2's (After Supercharger and intercooler temps) averaged between 135-145. And that was over 25 minutes. In a similar scenario and temperatures at 95 degrees with a Steeda Heat Exchanger I averaged 190 degrees IAT2. On the 725 Super Snake I data logged on the same day at the same track with an AFCO and 17 lbs of boost he average 170-180 degrees IAT2.

After I put my dual puller fan heat exchanger on my car I basically had to relearn how to handle the car on a road course. It was night and day different. Consistent power all of the time. I even had an off track excursion that day trying to get the feel for it.

For the drag racer consider a hot lap competition. After one pass you'll get smoked. Plenty of my customers are drag racers. Jon Lund completely endorses the product and says its one of the single best upgrades you can do for a GT500.

In closing, the dual puller fans are the equivalent of over 150 MPH of air crossing the core of the heat exchanger while you are sitting at a stop light. Feel free to PM me or email if you like. I would be happy to discuss further the engineering and data logs with you.

Cheers.

Dactyl (Van)

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,956 Posts

How loud is your 150mph fan sitting at a stoplight?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

I run a Whipple 3.4 and 17 lbs of boost. On a WOT pass I don't exceed 125 degrees at 80 plus ambient inlet temperature.
Just FYI:
I run the TVS pushing 18+ lbs of boost with the napa 180* thermostat. On a WOT pass my IAT2 temps do not exceed 126 degrees.

I have not had it on a road course to date. So, no comparison to make there.

For the drag racer consider a hot lap competition.
I believe this is the where the Revan excels.
For avid drag racers, it's almost a must-have. But for a street car, it may still be overkill.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts

Just FYI:
I run the TVS pushing 18+ lbs of boost with the napa 180* thermostat. On a WOT pass my IAT2 temps do not exceed 126 degrees.

I have not had it on a road course to date. So, no comparison to make there.

I believe this is the where the Revan excels.
For avid drag racers, it's almost a must-have. But for a street car, it may still be overkill.
im sure true, though even in street traffic with lots of stop and go, temps will be way low. But, its up to the individual. There's always options out there.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

Excellent IAT2. Question: What was your IAT1 during that WOT datalog and was that in traffic or on a dyno? Just want to compare apples to apples.

Also, the TVS is a very efficient blower. Comparatively speaking the Whipple 3.4 that I run generates a heck of a lot more heat than the TVS and/or the Kenne Bell. Many of my customers have the TVS and I can't wait to do a data log in 100 degree plus IAT1 conditions on the road at speed. The TVS has the coolest discharge of all of the aftermarket blowers available.

For example, during the 6th and final dyno pull back to back to back while Jon Lund was tuning my car the IAT1 was 90 degrees, RPM was 6,294 and IAT2 was 142 with a Steeda Heat Exchanger. On the other hand, at WOT with the Steeda "Under Load on the Street" with IAT1 at 95 degrees, it shot right over 160 and on the road course stayed at 190. Huge timing pull.

The good news is that I am getting manageable IAT2's using the biggest blower that puts out the most heat in the middle of the summer in Florida with high humidity and heat.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks for all that info. My needs don't require race technology, it sounds godd to have, but My Shelby is mostly out on weekends and sometimes to work. Lethal has a special on the Afco, I thinK I''l go there and also get a 2.6 pulley and idler.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

It was designed under extreme conditions to work efficiently for the daily driver, the weekend warrior or the racer. If I may, wait a couple weeks or so, news on the heat exchanger forth coming.

·
Registered
639 Posts

Not necessary you say.

Cheers.

Dactyl (Van)
With that set up definately!!!

Not necessary (for the price) w/stock blower & 6 to possibly 12 lbs of boost. An afco will do the job just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts

OK. But, the first time you've been driving your car for 30 minutes and that C-6 Vette Pulls up next to you and rips off like a bat out of hell, don't blame me! LOL Good Luck to you. The 2.6 pulley and the heat exchanger are just the beginning. I started out saying that would be enough for me too. Now I'm pushing over 700 RWHP. Now I think I'm good. LOL. Don't forget to get the colder spark plugs from Jared too. You need those with the pulley change.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

OK. But, the first time you've been driving your car for 30 minutes and that C-6 Vette Pulls up next to you and rips off like a bat out of hell, don't blame me! LOL Good Luck to you. The 2.6 pulley and the heat exchanger are just the beginning. I started out saying that would be enough for me too. Now I'm pushing over 700 RWHP. Now I think I'm good. LOL. Don't forget to get the colder spark plugs from Jared too. You need those with the pulley change.
Thanks, I almost forgot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts