Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2021 GT500
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a small list of items that I wanted to do to right off the bat to my new-ish Shelby.

I ordered the following items:

Jacking rails -- Steeda 555 5212 Mustang Coupe Full-Length Jacking Rails (15-22)

IRS alignment kit -- Steeda 555 4438 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (15-22)

IRS Brace -- Steeda 555 5754 Mustang Coupe Rear IRS Subframe Support Braces (15-22)

Install for all of these parts is easy and pretty straight forward. Install the alignment kit before the IRS brace to prevent you from installing the braces twice.

I installed the jack rails first by getting creative with my quick-jack and jack stands.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I then was able to loft the car back up and installed the bushings and IRS brace.

Be sure you double check the bushing orientation as there is a relief cut on one side for the bolts (the picture shows the difference)

Wrong way
Tire Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Tread

Correct way
Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Street light Wood

The rest of the install is easy using the instructions from Steeda below

Sleeve Font Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Helmet Automotive design

This is the reason I did this, you can really see the difference one the bushing is inserted.

loosey goosey

Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Black Bicycle part

good and snug

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake Tire Crankset

Registered
2021 GT500
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The IRS brace was also a simple install (unless you do what I did the positioned the quick jack to far aft so it covers up the 2 forward bolts 馃檮

I loosely installed all the bolts before running anything down tight. The rest was just as the instructions below stated.

Wheel Tire Font Motor vehicle Screenshot

Everything loosely installed and checked for fitment.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Do not be this guy 馃お

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door

The only bolts that do not use a factory location.

Automotive tire Hood Tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

Registered
2021 GT500
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I鈥檝e done exactly that, my question how did you like those absolutely planted launches after 馃槀馃槀馃槀
I only drove around the block to make sure all was good, I am going to get the car aligned this week and then I will "test" to make sure it passes the "heck yeah" reason for spending the money.

Registered
2021 GT500
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im shocked this would happen on a car like this from factory. does the car actually feel better with the braces and alignment kit? you wouldnt think a gt500 would need one
The IRS subframe and bushings looked just like my buddies 15' GT, heck the control arms even looked the same.....so I do not think Ford looked into bracing or new bushings for either cost savings or for the ride comfort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts